Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$181
$152
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$148
$119
  • Breakfast included
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$149
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$199
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$148
$145
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$254
$220
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$133
$130
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$112
$109
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$176
$142
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

1,189 results
All reviewssubway stationnew yorkbagelstimes squarecontinental breakfastthe holiday innenjoyed my stayconvenience storemanhattan skylineice machinecentral parkfew blocksbalconynyccitykitchenettestops
Reviewed January 20, 2012

two months ago, when my wife and i were in NY we stayed at one of the other new hotels south of Queens Plaza, but we had to walk a few long blocks in order to get to the metro. Last week we stayed at Hotel Vetiver, also in Long Island City. The hotel is actually only one block from the metro entrance! ..and the area is definitely not seedy like the area south of Queens Plaza.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor and had a great view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank todd l
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I loved my experience here at Hotel Vetiver! The entire staff was more than helpful and courteous in accommodating me with all my needs.

Being that this was my first trip to NYC, I was very happy with the location of the hotel being literally a minute away from Manhattan, which was especially relieving for me since Manhattan can get a little overwhelming. Coming back to the hotel at night was really nice for that reason, and also because the staff and rooms made it feel very warm and homey after a long day of sightseeing.

My number 1 issue with booking rooms though is definitely cleanliness. Hotel Vetiver did not disappoint on that either! Being that it is a newly constructed building, I was more than happy to know and feel like everything felt new! There was no moldy, mildew smells anywhere, but instead there was the refreshing and revitalizing scent of Vetiver plants.

To conclude, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York for business or pleasure. I am definitely coming back to Hotel Vetiver in my next trip to the Big Apple!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Shess L
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I did not have a very good experience staying at this hotel. First of all we were charged more than what we thought we were paying for the room and management refused to refund us the difference even though we had email confirming the price we thought we were to pay. You'd figure repeat business was more important to them than gaining an extra $50. The hotel was opened in December and we stayed in January but it was clear they should not have opened yet. When we got to the hotel to check in, there was a pile of construction materials laying in front of the hotel. It was not very inviting. There was no check in desk so we had to go to a makeshift reception area where we had to wait longer because the credit card machine was not working and then the key card machine was not working. The room we stayed in was ok. It looked DIY and the work was shoddy. We were told that it was a deluxe suite but the only thing that set it apart from a regular room was a little electric stove/fridge/sink they placed near the bathroom door. There were no drinking glasses or a coffee maker which you would expect in a regular hotel room, especially a suite. At night, we were woken several times by noise. It seemed like the walls were thin and you can easily hear normal conversation in the hallway. The bottom line is that the hotel was not ready to be opened to the public. They were unprepared to comfortably and efficiently accommodate their guests.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank emmedame
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I needed a hotel near the city and found this online. I find Long Island City to be a great location just across the bridge from Midtown so it has easy access. The hotel looks beautiful, modern and very clean. They are currently still working on their grand opening punch list but the rooms are spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the balcony added a nice bit of outdoor space to enlarge the feeling the room towards the rest of the city - I had a drink out there and looked at Manhattan. The office was a bit hard to find being up the stairs from the main entrance but I'm sure they will install a sign soon. The staff was very accommodating, gracious and offered good recommendations of local fair and evening events. Next time I stay for a longer visit I may try one of the other rooms with a kitchenette so I can further enjoy my buys at the farmer market!

Room Tip: I liked the balcony rooms but there are no hanging closets in this line of rooms - if you need to hang up your cloths rather than keep them folded in a drawer of your suitcase be sure to ask for a room with closets. Or if you want to cook they have kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravisMannford
Reviewed December 6, 2011

In mid October, I made reservations for evenings of 12/30/11 - 12/31/11 to celebrate New Year's Eve - our very first trip to NYC. The reservations were made using the hotel's website. Our reservations were accepted and I received email confirmation. Based on this confirmation, I paid for tickets to the NYE event and also paid for round trip transportation.

On 12/5/11, I decided to call and reconfirm, using the telephone number published on their website. No one ever answered. I tried for several hours. Finally sent an email to the address found on their website.

The next day I received this response "Unfortunately, we have a set back with our grand opening dates and we will not be opened on December 30th. We apologize for this inconvenience but we can not honor your reservation."

Needless to say, I was quite upset. I can understand "events beyond our control", but I cannot understand why they had their reservation system online, taking reservations and not having reasonable assurances that they could open on schedule.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple