Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$209
$199
$250
Home2.com
  • Breakfast included
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$232
$201
$132
$129
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$273
$216
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$233
$158
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$245
$160
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

1,190 results
All reviewssubway stationnew yorkbagelstimes squarecontinental breakfastthe holiday innenjoyed my stayconvenience storemanhattan skylineice machinecentral parkfew blocksbalconynyccitykitchenettestops
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I did not have a very good experience staying at this hotel. First of all we were charged more than what we thought we were paying for the room and management refused to refund us the difference even though we had email confirming the price we thought we were to pay. You'd figure repeat business was more important to them than gaining an extra $50. The hotel was opened in December and we stayed in January but it was clear they should not have opened yet. When we got to the hotel to check in, there was a pile of construction materials laying in front of the hotel. It was not very inviting. There was no check in desk so we had to go to a makeshift reception area where we had to wait longer because the credit card machine was not working and then the key card machine was not working. The room we stayed in was ok. It looked DIY and the work was shoddy. We were told that it was a deluxe suite but the only thing that set it apart from a regular room was a little electric stove/fridge/sink they placed near the bathroom door. There were no drinking glasses or a coffee maker which you would expect in a regular hotel room, especially a suite. At night, we were woken several times by noise. It seemed like the walls were thin and you can easily hear normal conversation in the hallway. The bottom line is that the hotel was not ready to be opened to the public. They were unprepared to comfortably and efficiently accommodate their guests.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank emmedame
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I needed a hotel near the city and found this online. I find Long Island City to be a great location just across the bridge from Midtown so it has easy access. The hotel looks beautiful, modern and very clean. They are currently still working on their grand opening punch list but the rooms are spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the balcony added a nice bit of outdoor space to enlarge the feeling the room towards the rest of the city - I had a drink out there and looked at Manhattan. The office was a bit hard to find being up the stairs from the main entrance but I'm sure they will install a sign soon. The staff was very accommodating, gracious and offered good recommendations of local fair and evening events. Next time I stay for a longer visit I may try one of the other rooms with a kitchenette so I can further enjoy my buys at the farmer market!

Room Tip: I liked the balcony rooms but there are no hanging closets in this line of rooms - if you need to hang up your cloths rather than keep them folded in a drawer of your suitcase be sure to ask for a room with closets. Or if you want to cook they have kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravisMannford
Reviewed December 6, 2011

In mid October, I made reservations for evenings of 12/30/11 - 12/31/11 to celebrate New Year's Eve - our very first trip to NYC. The reservations were made using the hotel's website. Our reservations were accepted and I received email confirmation. Based on this confirmation, I paid for tickets to the NYE event and also paid for round trip transportation.

On 12/5/11, I decided to call and reconfirm, using the telephone number published on their website. No one ever answered. I tried for several hours. Finally sent an email to the address found on their website.

The next day I received this response "Unfortunately, we have a set back with our grand opening dates and we will not be opened on December 30th. We apologize for this inconvenience but we can not honor your reservation."

Needless to say, I was quite upset. I can understand "events beyond our control", but I cannot understand why they had their reservation system online, taking reservations and not having reasonable assurances that they could open on schedule.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank vbbuilt
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I had reservations for two rooms, Sept 7th - 10th for my daughter's wedding. The week of the US open and 10th anniversary of 9/11. I arrived at the hotel and it was closed No one on the street either. I called the hotel, no answer or call back. I sent an email, of course no answer nor did anyone show up to help find me a room or check on my safety. I walked to the corner store and was told in fact the hotel had not opened for business yet and they have been doing this to alot of people for like a year. A neighbor got a phone book and stayed with me in front of the vetiver while I tried to find a room, two rooms as my aunt and uncle would be arriving from the UK expecting they had a reservation. Over an hour later, I did manage to find a suite at the Verve a few blocks away, but couldn't find a second room. Fortunately there was plenty of family there for the wedding that was imposed upon so that noone had to sleep in the park. I followed up with an email when I got home and surprisingly, got a response. Claimed they accomadated others that had reservation pre-opening but in my case it 'fell through the cracks'. Offered me one free night and 1/2 off a second night. Not good enough.I was late for wedding obligations including picking up THE DRESS. Thankfully some people care about customer satisfaction and are accomadating. The inconvenience was much more costly. Bottom line, there isn't any customer service at hotel vetiver. No interest in customer satisfaction, Not likely to change when it actually opens. If you have a reservation - don't believe it. The hotel Verve a few blocks away is first class and comparable in price. i can highly recommend them.

Room Tip: Book at the Verve hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank pmarangre
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Please see initial response to guest below
_________________________________________________________________________
Hello,
I will first apologize for the inconvenience. I can assure that this is nowhere near a scam hence no deposit was ever taken. Our hotel was set to open back in May but NYC officials have repeatedly postponed our hotel from acquiring it's CO (certificate of occupancy). We tried contacting all reservations makers informing them of our situation via e-mail and some through calls. We successfully re accommodated 80% of the reservations with local hotels. Some of the contact attempts were unsuccessful because of incorrect contact information. It seems that in your case your reservation fell through the cracks. Once again I am very sorry. For the inconvenience we have caused I will approve a free night and 50% off the second night when the hotel opens.
_________________________________________________________________________
It was beyond our control and regret this from happening. Because we did not honor the request of giving 3 nights completely free they have made it a point to damage our image.

We will still honor our offer and deeply apologize for the inconvenience it caused.

Our hotel has finally acquired it's Certificate of Occupancy and will open its doors December 1st!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Absolutely AVOID this place.

I booked a room for my stay in the city, payed first night in advance, all was ok. A week before my arrival in ny the hotel cancelled my reservation.

All good, but this happened in MARCH and I am still waiting for my refund. I have been writing emails almost every day now, and have never actually managed to get my money back.

WORST customer service ever.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
14  Thank lunichka
HotelVetiver, General Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

This matter was resolved the day of cancellation. Our system automatically refunds cancelled reservations .The guest never noticed the credit back on her credit card and it was later proven to her when we presented our credit card transactions.