Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
“Great view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I didn't stay at the rooms of the hotel but I had a drink with some friends at the roof top in the Vista Sky Lounge bar of the hotel. The view is very nice and the kind service also. This place could be more promoted with parties and more music to be more visited and known. Informal dressing is the best choice because it is not something special as a bar!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel one night for business in the beginning of July and i must say i was very satisfied! I booked the king balcony room at a good price, the views of new york City were absolutely breathtaking from my room on the 8th floor. Shortly after getting settled in the front desk called my room asking if everything was ok and if i needed anything else..nice touch. Bed was comfy, and i had a great nights sleep .
The staff at this sheraton property are nice, and friendly. I had a meeting in manhattan to get too early the next morning and front desk showed me the shortest and fastest way into nyc. and fortunately subway is only a 3 min walk from the hotel. Very very convenient. I will be coming back for sure!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jaysammy159
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Jaysammy159,
We are delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations while staying with us. We aim to deliver exceptional customer service, and it’s our pleasure to give you the extra touches that make your stay memorable. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. All the best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with a great view. Staff was wonderful and was very helpful with everything. The rooftop bar was great with an amazing view. Cafe was also nice. Great location and very close to manhattan.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is sketchy, seedy, and shoddy at best from its location and the feel of the hotel. It does not have a pleasant, comfortable feel. For the well-versed traveller & starwood member - pls note this is a franchised location. The staff and attitude suck and so does the room. They need a paint job, the sink was clogged.

I landed late at night and called them for directions since my cab driver was lost. The guy at the front desk gave me the wrong directions, then when I arrived, said "well, it's easy to find. Oh, I thought you were coming from this direction". Zero accountability, responsibility & customer service. This is what you say to a weary person just off a plane at 3am? I had also requested a quiet room away from the elevators and noise b/c I am highly noise sensitive. Guess what. I was put in a room by the elevator and told that was the only room left. So much for reading the notes and preparing ahead of time guys.

The manager I dealt with Anup is a jerk. I had an emergency come up and was unable to fly back in time for my reservation. I called 24 hrs ahead of time, then was told there is a 48 hr cancellation policy, and unless I could show a medical note they could not waive the cancellation penalty - a 1 night fee. Then I was told I needed a note from the airlines. What are we - in kindergarten? And since when has it been appropriate to ask for a medical note? Medical issues are personal & confidential last time I checked.

I then called Starwood's gold line (I am now platinum) to have it rectified to no avail. Then I called the hotel back, and Anup yelled at me.

After a lot of back and forth and an amazing god-send - Costa, at the front desk, the charge was reversed. But not until a LOT of aggravation, time, and needless energy spent.

I have sworn off all Four Points hotels from this experience - except the Four Points Chelsea which is the only one I will enter.

Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank artichoke78
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear artichoke78,
We are very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent stay. Each guest is very important to us, and we deeply apologize for the service you experienced. We expect our team to deliver great customer service to our guests, and we will congratulate Costa for their exceptional service during your visit. Again, we are very sorry to not meet your expectations, and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. All the best.
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very good hotel with great service, nice café & rooftop bar, and okay rooms.
The first room I checked into had an overwhelming weird scent, like fruit flavored vaping. It was gross, so I requested a new room and I was led by a very nice gracious manager to a much nicer smelling room.

Big comfy bed, cozy clean smelling linens. Nice view, with free wi-fi, and outlets everywhere for device charging.

Dining here was quite good! I had a glass of cold dry savignon blanc on the roof, and the service was great. I dined in the cafe for breakfast the next day and had a really tasty quesadilla…Read more

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear juleism,
We are very happy to hear you liked our comfortable guest rooms and restaurant. Thank you for sharing with us, and we hope you will decide to stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Take care.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

If you need to be in Manhattan (or Queens) for an extended period of time, this may be the option for you. It's about a 2-block walk (10 min) to a 24-hour subway/metro train to Manhattan (or anywhere in NYC), about 15 min to Midtown Manhattan. Buy a weekly Metro Card, and ride as often as you wish throughout the whole system of buses and trains.
The area seems, generally, safe.
It is difficult to find street parking, but there is a small garage available beneath the hotel, for a fee.
If you need or desire a large space/accommodation, you will not appreciate this location. The standard rooms are very small.

The staff is helpful and responsive.
Make sure you join the SPG Program to get the most out of your stay and receive recognition as a Sheraton patron, points and all.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Travelholica,
Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location near NYC transportation that provides easy access to the downtown area. It’s very important to our team to deliver excellent service, and we are happy to hear that our staff was very responsive to your needs. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon for your next visit to the Big Apple. Take care.
Pennsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and i must say I enjoyed my stay at this property very much. The rooms are nice and well furnished (the hotel is just under 3 years old), bed is extremely comfortable and the staff truly cares. After staying in some nearby hotel's in LONG ISLAND CITY, this four points sheraton proves to be a delight! I had a great night's sleep, also the cafe in the lobby provided good food! I will definetly be coming back to this hotel, thank you four points!

Room Tip: book the balcony room!