“Good for a budget hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is good for what it is. Room large with large desk, an armchair, two things that could be used as footstool/chair/table and a table that pulls out from under the desk and is a convenient height for the armchair. Was in a corner room with floor to ceiling windows on two sides - so lots of light. Was clean. Bathroom was small and also had floor to ceiling windows and the shades had a 1-2" gap on each side so it did not feel very private. Deadbolt did not work on the door and on my second night someone knocked on the door and covered the peephole and later came back and tried the door handle. I called the front desk and received a somewhat indifferent response. There was a "green choice" doorhanger - put it on the door before 2 am to forego housekeeping and earn extra points - I put it on the door but no one picked it up - when I notified the front desk they said they would let housekeeping know and make sure I got the points. AC was load and although there were a lot of buttons, in reality seemed to have two settings - (1) loud and cold and (2) off. One stop from Manhattan. Inexpensive. Would stay here again if I was in LIC but would not seek out staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear 150nightsperyr,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in New York City. We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to share your thoughts and we hope that we get to host you in the future. We have also shared your comments with our entire team to ensure that safety and security concerns are responded to appropriately.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We like the hotel.
Why?
It has a good location compared to the other hotels in the same area only 5 min away from the Metro.
Reasonable costs.
A small nice little restaurant.
The rooms are good.
Wi-Fi works well.
The water pressure in the shower was excellent.
The service and the front desk staff has a good attitude and are friendly.

We had some small issues though:
The housekeeping forgot to replenish the water, some towels and some tissues. Probably the it was a manned by a weekend staff and can be fixed easily.
The ice bucket was leaking we asked for and got a new one.
The iron board 's legs were broken but replaced.
All these issues were quickly fixed by the hotel and the service was good.

Comments: we miss a small refrigerator and an adjustable water pressure in the sink and in the shower.. The pressure was good but not adjustable.
We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was amazing. The room was very clean and comfortable. The service was always very helpful and timely with helping me throughout my stay. The location was also great since it was so easy to get to manhattan from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel if you are planning on visiting for whatever reason.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Snotchcity,

Thank you so much for the incredible review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Loyal Starwood guests should stay away from this hotel. Actually any business person should stay away. Platinum means nothing here. You will never be upgraded. Points will never be applied correctly requiring you to fix the issue. Billing is always wrong. I have been incorrectly over-charged numerous times. I have even been charged twice on two separate credit cards for the same stay! Did they think I wouldnt notice?? I finally had enough. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your posting .
We value all feedback that we receive from our guests as a great tool that makes our hotel better by the day
We always encourage all of our guests to post their experiences on line, as we learn a great deal of their expectations.
We strive to run a great Hotel for great guests. We set high goals for our team and we value the comfort of our Guests to the maximum degree.
I certainly understand your disappointment as I would not want any billing inconsistencies to appear to my account. As a business traveler myself, I have high expectations from the Hotels I stay .
The value of our SPG program is well recognized by our team and clearly appreciated by all of us. Upgrades together with gifts and amenities are made available in our facility for the thousands of our SPG members that stay with us
As we highly value our SPG family , It is not our way to miss our guests’ expectations and if this may have happened during your stay with our facility, I will personally commit any available resources not to allow it to happen again . Once more please accept my thanks for being a loyal SPG member
With Sincere Regards,
The GM and Team

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My first at this hotel and it was great. The safe is warm and welcoming, the ambiance of the hotel its self is amazing. In august I will be visiting ny again and will be definitely staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nafiza b,

Thank you for the "awesome" review! We look forward to seeing you in August.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The first time I stayed at this hotel it was perfect. The second time was absolutely terrible. Firstly our reservation was changed because of a party that was booked there. They changed our rooms without prior notification. The music continued well into the night and caused us to lose a lot of sleep. Secondly our room on the second floor had no view of the Manhattan skyline, no fridge and was very cramped. We had to leave early and would have liked breakfast to have been served at 07:00 but the waiter was 30 minutes late which disrupted our planning. The night staff were not helpful at all. It was a most unpleasant experience that I do not wish to repeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MartinKing1959
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear MartinKing1959,

We are so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. At your convenience, please contact Allen Kirincic, Assistant General Manager, at (718) 786 8500. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again and we still hope to possibly host you in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

we stayed there with a large group from France. The hotel staff was execellent, and the desk agent Jon was helpful and made my stay in New York amazing. He made me and my finance feel like home and suggested excellent places that i am very grateful. The food is great and very clean property. Will visit NY in october and will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desmond T
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Desmond T,

Thank you for the incredible review! We have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to hosting you again in October.