New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
Singapore, Singapore
“Good New York Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This Long Island City hotel is located close to 2 train stations 39th Ave and Queens Plaza. 39th Ave is much closer than Queens Plaza.

From the airport we took Airtrain but we had to change train to get to Queens Plaza station which is about 10 minutes walk to the hotel. Manhattan is only 2 stops from 39th Ave station which is only 2 blocks from the hotel. There is a convenient store between the hotel and the station.

The room is decent size and clean. There is a coffee machine in the room but didn't really work, but there are free coffee and tea in the morning at the lobby. Housekeeping is a bit of a hit and miss, sometimes they forget to provide bath mat or toilet roll, but there are days where everything were provided.

For the price we paid compared to staying in a hotel in Manhattan, this is good value. Only 2 stations away from Manhattan but with lots of saving on the price, we’ll definitely choose this hotel or area if we visit New York again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Northampton, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here 4 nights in February while in NY for a business trip. When I returned home I noticed a $200 charge was added to my account for incidentals. The hotel claims that I smoked in my room, damaged a bed spread and brought a dog into the room.

I do not smoke nor was I with a smoker in the room at any point. I do not own a dog nor would I ever bring one on a business trip. No explanation or proof of these accusations has been brought forth.

Staff has been terribly unhelpful. Alan, the hotel manager offered to investigate with his staff and return my call the next day. It's been weeks, he refuses to return my phone calls and is completely avoiding the issue. Meanwhile the $200 charge still stands.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Julian R
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to publish your feedback on Trip Advisor.
I took the opportunity to read your review as I occasionally browse through the social media and online communities observing the success or failures of the Industry
I have looked into the issue at hand and have been informed that the charges on your credit card were not pursued as they may have been applied in error.
Please be certain that although occasions like these may happen in the world of travel, we work diligently to prevent them from happening in our property and we have been very successful thus far. Rest assured that our response time to our guest's complaints is commendable by the Industry standards and please understand that the delayed reply on behalf of our staff was only due to the time needed to look into the circumstances and clear up any matter in dispute
Please feel free to follow up with us in case you need any further assistance.
Thank you again for staying with our property and I am looking forward to offer you our Hospitality and services again in the future.
Safe Travels and Best Regards
The GM and Team
Oregon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel really stood out too me...Great service. The lobby is very comfortable and staff is friendly and helpful. I happened to have dinner at the restaurant called,Michael's Cafe with my wife and the food was great with cheap prices!! The rooms are good size and very clean. I only stayed here for one night in January however next time I will absolutely be staying longer! Very nice hotel!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very nice Hotel with a great Look at Manhattan, The staff is very friendly and helpful, I asked for a good Greek restaurant in Long Island City and they were more then happy to help me out, give me directions so on and so forth. I stayed here during the month Of January for 3 nights with my wife and we aslo had time to eat at Michael's Cafe, which the food was reasonably priced and very good. I would absolutely Come back to this hotel again !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the first time I visited a friend in NY and it was great! The staff was friendly and when I wanted to change my room to have a better view they were happy to assist me right away. The food in the restaurant was great and the Bartender was awesome! I would recommend this hotel also because the location is just over the bridge from Manhattan without Manhattan rates!! I was actually here in October of 2011, but the dates on this review didn't go back that far.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a single night but it felt like more. The hotel it self is GORGEOUS! From the time you walk in the lobby to the elevators. The room was a good size and very clean. The only thing bad to say is that they need more channels for the tv.

The restaurant was delicious! My boyfriend said that was the best veggie burger he had lol I had the seafood plater which is to die for. Room service was quick in the morning...overall this place is perfect! Definitely better than Wyndham

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Sycoya CaramelF... A
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed in this pleasant hotel before and I am glad I came back for another stay. It was very nice. I had a different room this time and it was very comfortable. The person at the front desk was very polite and accommodating. I had dinner at the restaurant and the food was spectacular, I specifically enjoyed the crab cakes. :) I have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo