“Great location and even better staff”

Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel is the absolute best value for money. I called the corporate office and got my expedia quote cut in half. The room was on the smaller side by clean and the beds we're comfortable. Free wifi and bottled water. THE ABSOLUTE BEST THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL IS THE STAFF Tatiana and John we're amazing. They helped us find the best clubs and hotspots, with access codes. Friendly, polite and very attentive. Subway is a 4 min walk away. The neighborhood is quiet and there's a breakfast spot at the end of the street. Its hassle free, clean and the best bang for the buck.

Room Tip: call the four points corporate for a best deal we got 4 nights 5 days for $600!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good location- walking distance from Subway 7 which can take you to the US open/Mets and into mahnattan. It has modern look and clean compared to other NY hotels. It has a good view of Manhattan but you don't have to pay $300 to live there or deal with attrocious traffic/noise

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank YogeshL12
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was here for business,NAND would never choose this hotel if not working around the corner at a major national company. For that, it was perfect. And next time kyat client calls, I'll stay here. The hotel sits in an industrial neighborhood, surrounded by garages and supply houses, with few or none adjacent cages or shopping. Of course, it's NYC, so you can change neighborhoods ith one subway ride, but still... The cafe in the hotel was above average, and even had my favorite cheapnfrench wine, but for two days that was the only place to eat. My room was nice, seemed clean, and the house keeping staff accommodating. It's the city, of course you might see a stray bug or two...I did not... Nor did I see any evidence of the hotel plague in my mattress. I always look. Eeewwww. Bottom line: if I was looking for an economical choice to stay and didn't mind riding the subway, I would stay again. When my client calls, i'll stay here again. But for a romantic New York experience? No way. Or, a fun weekend hitting the city? Nope. Oh, and one big drawback for me: no hotel parking. I hate street parking, but from what I could see, that was the only option,

Room Tip: As always with NYC, high is better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mgatty
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I must say that this hotel is not a five stars some should not be demanding that much. I like the location very much because it is located in long island where it is in a quiet neighbor
Yet you can commute to Manhattan. There is no view, no laundry, no swimming pool. So treat this hotel as just for sleep and shower would be great. One more highlight I like to point out that from the website, it mentions limo service and I found it can save you quite a lot of money. So please quote the hotel for a special rate. Last the double bed room is the smallest among all the hotel experience I have had so for family with four members, please take note

2  Thank SekBoy
Reviewed September 1, 2012

....but they did sell the room to someone else. They said they tried to contact us (just not be email or telephone) but when four people turned up at night after the flight from L.A. we had one bed. They said it must have been as we booked via a search engine that sold rooms they didn't have (we used the sheraton/starwood site 6 weeks earlier).
They had a made a pile of blankets as a matress (but forgot any sheets).
Breakfast came in plastic bags so maybe the dunkin donuts at the subway is fresher.

Having said the bad things.....the subway is not that far away....the hotel is new (as you can tell by the website drawing rather than photo) but the plumbing and hinges are suffering after a year. The neighbourhood is still experiencing "urban renewal" still so the busier street one block west is less lonely when you are walking back from the subway at midnight. Some of the other chains with hotels in the area have busier streets.

It is not a complete disaster but there is no compelling reason to stay.

3  Thank benandlara
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stay here for a long weekend in NYC. The hotel is in a great location; 15 minutes away from 59th and 5th Avenue on the subway, how can you beat that? The subway station is a 5 minute walk, at the most, so anyone who says this hotel is far from the subway is wrong. We went to see a Broadway show on Saturday night and we were back at the hotel in 20 minutes, no transfer required. The neighborhood is not fancy, but we did not feel uneasy at all, even at night. There is a small diner for breakfast in front of the subway station near the hotel, nice place for a quick bite, the waitress was super nice and friendly. The hotel is new and very quiet, rooms are small but modern and clean. I loved the glass shower and modern fixtures in the bathroom. TV selection was good with real HD signal, not often that you see that in hotels. A/C worked well in the heatwave, super happy with that! The view from our room on the 10th floor was incredible! The 7th floor terrace is amazing, a great place to view the city, day or night, don't miss it if you stay here. The hotel housekeepers were not friendly, but who cares. The person who was at the front desk when we checked-in and checked-out was called Nazim and he is one of the friendliest person I have ever met at a hotel front desk, ever. I believe he is of a St. Regis or Ritz-Carlton caliber. Would love to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bose2
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dimitri here, the GM

I am sending this note full of our thanks and appreciation for your kind words and precious comments
I know how valuable your time is and to take some of it to write a great review like this , it means to us all a great deal
When my team reads these reviews they perform much better because they also like to be recognized and appreciated. It takes great folks and very happy guests like you, to express such a wealth of compliments!!

Thanks Again and Very Best Luck with Your Travels

Sincerely

Dimitri Kafchitsas

Reviewed August 28, 2012

When I was sleeping in one of the beds in my room, I felt itchy. I then, found a bug on the bed sheet and bug bites on the arm. I reported this issue to the front desk. However, management refused to take care of the situation, because they were not "liable" and that there is "no evidence." They just simply brushed off our complaint. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
4  Thank cristina l
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

I want to thank our valuable guest for staying at our facility
In reply to the review, please be informed that when we receive a complaint of this nature we immediately take action to verify it. In this case we immediately called our re-known 24/7 Pest Control company (Eco Lab) to check in depth. Eco Lab has certified (we maintain Certification available immediately) that there has been no concern of any nature nor any bugs to be found.
As a GM of a well known brand property I am very sensitive to the concerns of our guests and especially when it comes to sanitary and hygiene issues. We establish multiple level certification and control methods to prevent any incident that may alert our guests. This is how we have achieved to maintain our property spotless and free of pests or any bugs. We can certify at any moment that we do not have or never had any problems of this nature.