“Excellent hotel with wonderful staff!”

Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent hotel with wonderful staff!”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I recenly returned from my amazing stay at The Four Points Sheraton Long Island City. I travel quite frequently for business and stay at many hotels year round and have never encountered such great service. From the moment I stepped into the lobby, I was greeted by the front desk staff with a smile.
Check-In process was quick and easy and the staff was able to accommodate me with an early check-in. I was also upgraded to a beautiful room with an excellent view of Manhatten. Location was very convinient, just 3 stops away from Madison ave. The N,Q and 7 trains are just a couple of blocks away and will get you to pretty much anywhere you need to be in the city. Staff provided me with excellent information and directions which made it easy for me to get around. The restaurant staff was very attentive and catered to my every need. The food was delicious and the pricing was reasonible. I highly reccomend the burgers and the lobster bisque soup. Overall I give this hotel 5 stars and would definitely return on my next visit to New York. The only regret I have was not knowing about this hotel sooner....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Nassau, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have been staying at Sheraton hotels almost exclusively for the last few years. This new hotel in Long Island City was a welcome addition to their inventory, since I needed to be in Long Island City (not Manhattan) for a reunion. The hotel staff were friendly, courteous and extremely accommodating. My room was clean and very comfortable. Lobby and other common areas were also well maintained and appealing. My only negative was the $25 a day fee for self parking in an underground area that would only accommodate maybe 8 cars. Having grown up in the area, I did not want to risk having my car broken into in the street (there was broken window glass adjacent to the street spot I used while checking in).If you are traveling via taxi, this hotel is ideal! But if you are driving your own car or a rental, be prepared for the excessive fee...providing there is a garage spot available for you to park!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City the end of September. Check-in was easy and the staff were very helpful. They let us check in early without being charged extra. The in-house restaurant was affordable and the food was very good. We were really impressed by the attentive wait staff. The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was very large compared to others in hotels we stayed in in Manhattan. The subway was no more than 3 blocks away and we did not feel unsafe at any time. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to NYC. Just an FYI if you visit Ground Zero - get your ticket online. We didn't know this policy and were met by unhelpful guides who thought we should have known this. It is a very small area jammed with large numbers of people. You can purchase a ticket at the visitor's center, which also charges a fee to tour their museum.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We had only one night in New York City. Stayed at Four Points. Located close to subways. Two close stops one is 3 blocks away from hotel and other is 4-5 blocks. Felt safe at all times. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. There was nothing we asked for that they did not do courteously and happily. Our rooms were very nice and clean.. Had breakfast in restaurant, service courteous and quick. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was somewhat concerned about staying in Long Island City, but once I got to the hotel, I knew I made the right choice. The hotel was wonderful, the front desk staff was so courteous, there couldn't do enough for us. The Lobby was really open and spacious. We got checked in really quick, and got a great room on the 7th floor with a spectacular view of 59th street Bridge and the Manhattan buildings. It was really beautiful at night too! My wife and I walked around the hotel and saw this huge banquet room on the top floor with windows almost all around the whole floor. The views up there were just as amazing! WThe subway was really convenient, Manhattan was only minutes away. I can't say enough about this place, and the staff really made us feel welcome. They remembered our name, and called us shortly after we checked in to see if everything was alright. I don't think I ever experienced that level of service!

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have just returned from NY where we stayed at this great hotel. Located right near the Queensboro Bridge overlooking Manhattan, just a 15 minute train trip into Grand Central or Times SQ.
Room was large, very clean and well equipped (iron, ironing board & coffee machine)
The bathroom was very clean with a large walk in shower, towels changed daily.
Great restaurant/ bar with excellent service.
Reception area very comfortable with staff who are friendly and very helpful.
A hidden gem as not in busy city centre, we would definitely stay here again.
Go to the roof terrace for fantastic Manhattan skyline views.
(Also has large function room & business centre avaliable)

Room Tip: The rooms above reception have great city views from higher floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2011

On arrival we were made very welcome and checked in quickly. The room was clean and airy and had a fantastic view of Manhattan. Shortly after settling in, the receptionist rang to ask if everything was alright - a courtesy that didn't happen in any other hotel we stayed in in the States. Although not in central Manhattan, there is a subway a few minutes walk away which takes you straight to Times Square. The restaurant provded an excellent breakfast and also a good evening meal. the room was very quiet so we slept well! Would definitely recommend this. We got a very good price via Priceline.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room away from any ice machines!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple