We spent four nights here over the second weekend in June celebrating my daughter's Sweet Sixteen and were in need of a clean, affordable hotel with easy access to the touristy sights in and around Manhattan. I travel extensively on business and am particular about where I stay. That said, you can't go wrong with this hotel. LOCATION: It's a $20 cab ride from LaGuardia (and use the limo service they have a relationship with for the ride back to the airport - it was a flat $20 for a Lincoln Town Car, friendly service and they were early for our Sunday pickup) and the hotel is two blocks from the 39th Street stop on the New York subway's yellow line. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a train, and it was about a six-minute ride to Manhattan and ten-minutes on the train to Times Square. The hotel is located in what can probably be described as a working-class area with single-family homes and two-flats next door, across the street and down the block. The neighborhood gets pretty quiet at night, but there is a lot of new construction, renovation and gentrification occurring in the area - there are several other hotels going up in the immediate vicinity. While we always exercised common-sense safety precautions (never walking alone, always being aware of our surroundings, walking in well-lit areas, etc), we never felt unsafe walking to and from the train station. ROOMS: The property was new (open about 2 months) and everything was very clean. By Chicago standards, the rooms and bathrooms were not big, but they were well-designed and well-furnished, and of a typical size for rooms you'd find of this style in the Manhattan area. Our first choice would have been staying in Manhattan itself (Long Island City is across the river in Queens), but room rates averaged +/- $300 for comparable brands during the time we travelled, so we took a chance on this property and are glad we did. STAFF: everyone was terrific and went out of their way to be helpful. Our only hiccup was a houskeeping mixup where they didn't clean our room one morning - the front desk did its best to bring us towels, toiletries and bottled water to tide us over until the following morning, however, and this was the only issue that came up during our stay. The ladies at the front desk were always cheerful and pleasant, and the AGM, Bruno, was an absolute Prince of a guy - very welcoming and he wanted to ensure our stay was nothing less than terrific. Thank you all and we plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're here for business or pleasure, the Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge will be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
- Four Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge Hotel
- Four Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge New York