We arrived early on a Friday and we greeted by a friendly front desk clerk. We were given a nice city view room and were able to get into our room right away. The room was great, but it doesn't exactly look like a brand new hotel. There are marks on the walls, the paint job in room was sloppy, parts of the grout were missing in the shower. That's all workmanship "stuff," that aside, it really was a nice, quiet room. The subway was a quick walk away and it took about 20 minutes to get to Times Square. The neighborhood the hotel is in is not the nicest. I'm sure it was totally safe, but I felt uneasy walking back from the subway late at night.
Unfortunately, here's the bad....We returned to the hotel Saturday night to find that our room was freezing and the thermostat was broken. A man arrived quickly to look at it. He took a quick look, said he didn't know what was wrong and said he would tell the front desk. Twenty minutes later, we didn't hear anything and called the front desk, they switched our room. The new room had mold all over the bathroom ceiling and the floor all around the bed was soaking wet. We called again and were switched to yet another room. The new room had an amazing view of the city, but was not a nice room. It was in rough shape, there were stains on the wall and the air vent was on the wall near the ceiling and was extremely loud all night. We didn't bother calling the front desk again, it was after midnight and we just wanted to sleep. On the bright side, they comped our breakfast from the previous morning, but we didn't receive any kind of apology.
I don't think we would stay again after seeing the neighborhood and the condition of at least two of the rooms, but it wasn't a horrible experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're here for business or pleasure, the Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge will be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
- Four Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge New York