“yummy pancakes” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Varese, Italy
“yummy pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

came here for brunch on a saturday morning. opening time could be anticipated to at least 8 am, not 9....!
I had coffee (good) and ricotta/mascarpone/blueberry pancakes which were amazing! will go back!

Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Nice restaurant in LIC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Another LIC treat with yummy food and a nice ambiance. Cranky's has been on my list of places to try out in the neighborhood, and finally with the 7 train not running this weekend, I got a chance to stay local and try it. As soon as you walk in, it is a cozy, warm vibe. Well, it could be a bit warmer, it was actually a little chilly in the restaurant, but it was around 12 degrees with the wind chill out, so I can't fully blame that on them! It was a Sunday evening and the place was not crowded at all. To start we had the crab cakes which were quite delicious. The sauce that accompanied it was perfect and my husband who is not a fan of condiments (gasp) even enjoyed it. We then shared the BBQ pulled pork and the macaroni and cheese (no mushrooms, picky eater he is). The pulled pork was tasty but slightly mushy and it came with a creole cole slaw which was just ok and some decent hushpuppies with a honey drizzle. The mac and cheese was quite flavorful and just cheesy enough without feeling overly heavy. Portion sizes were a bit on the small side, but we enjoyed our meal nonetheless. Since it was my birthday weekend dinner, we had to order dessert of course and I had the delicious nutella and banana crepes and he enjoyed his chocolate mousse. Overall, service was quick and friendly, the ambiance was nice and food was pretty good! I will definitely be back to try out their brunch and other items for dinner!

Visited January 2013
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“lovely breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I were staying in the area and thought we would give this place a go for breakfast. I had the omelette and my wife had eggs. We both enjoyed our meals and would recommend giving this place a go. It's not the most atmospheric place in the world, but the food was nice, and I would happily return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Long Island City, New York
“I gave them so many chances but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nope, it's still not happening. This place couldn't find its character for so many years, it's almost a shame for it to occupy this valuable corner spot in the neighborhood. Whenever I go there, they're always ran out of the food I intend to order (even as simple as a croissant) and the service is very slow. They recently switched to French/creole cuisine from French but I don't think it was a smart move. They just can't make it work!

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Fabulous brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a friend in a wedding party. Went for brunch the day after the wedding. Partner had the best french toast ever. The coffee was freshly ground and delicious. And, they kept pouring refills - always good after a party night. The meal kept us full for the entire day as we explored LIC. Lots of families with young children so you have to be tolerant of them making noise and running around. Loved the welcoming atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012