My good impression started even before I reached the hotel. My GPS got a bit befuddled in Queens so I phoned the hotel and the lady at the reception desk "talked me in"! Her directions were excellent. She was also polite and accurate. The room was good,the shower excellent and the air-conditioners worked well. The breakfasts were excellent and the kitchen staff kept topping up where necessary. The the guys and dolls at the reception desk were extremely helpful.
OK - so the area was a bit run down - but not seriously and definitely not at all dangerous. All this goes to prove that you don't have to go to a big expensive hotel in Manhattan to stay at a good hotel...go to the Sleep Inn in Queens. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain SPOILT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York