The people at reception were all helpful and particular credit to Joe for his willingness to offer any travel tips. The location is good in that you are barely 20 minutes from Manhattan and 5 minutes walk from the nearest subway station. The view of Manhattan is none too shabby so ask for a room at the front!
The room was more than adequate with a king-size bed and serviceble bathroom.
Breakfasts were good and there were even two respectable hot dishes on offer.
Long Island City is worth considering as a location for price-quality compared with Manhattan and, unless you have mega-bucks, the view is better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York