If you are looking for budget accommodations close to Manhattan without the Manhattan high cost then this might be a good choice for you. We arrived at JKF and took the Air train to the subway and then subway to hotel. It took about an hour and cost only $7.50 per person. Getting from the hotel to Times Sq. was even easier. It took us less than 20 minutes and this included the 5 minute walk to the subway. We arrived at the hotel early (11:00am) and since our rooms were not ready they stored our luggage so that we could go the Yankee game. The area is not the nicest but we did not feel threatened in any way. Breakfast was the usual free hotel fare and was a good start for the day. The rooms were decent, showing a little wear and tear in places but for the cost they were more than adequate. Since we had a very early flight out of JFK (leaving at 6:30am) we decided to take a limo and the cost was $40.00 plus tip. I would recommend this hotel to seasoned travellers that understand that with budget costs come some compromises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York