It's very conveniently located to the F train (21st Street--Queensbridge) so getting into Manhattan was easy.
The breakfast area is not really big enough and the selection is limited they had scrambled eggs and sausage (which was cold and dry), pastries, donuts and toast. Juice or tea/coffee and yogurts.
Front desk gave me excellent directions (with map) to all the tourist spots and were helpful with cab pricing and ordering.
I was very happy with the size of the room (king bed guest room) and bathroom considering the shoebox you usually get in NY. But the heater was noisy. I was on the 9th floor and next to the stairwell and someone kept banging the door open and closed.
Apparently there's an area called Astoria close by which is great for eating out and drinking but I didn't manage to get there, despite the recommendation from a boro cabbie driver!
All in all a great find for value and access to Manhattan and I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York