We have stayed there for 10 days in the double queen bed room as three person family. Queen bed width is enough for two person. Room dimensions are very adequate. We have used both city view and rear view guest rooms. They do not accept but city view rooms looking at queensboro bridge, are larger than rear rooms. The hotel after some renovations had changed its name from Howard Johnson to one of the brands of Choice Hotels group. The İndian boss owns both hotels back to back, sleep inn & best western plaza. The two hotels are of same architectural construction. Sleep İnn's TA rating is higher that is why we have preferred. The area is full of car repair shops and car park and are in urban transformation project. The hotel price is half of the Manhattan area hotels. Breakfast room is small but you can not go without eating. There is cream cheese, but lack of real cheese is unacceptable. Wi-fi is quite speedy. Many İndians are working in the hotel. Everyday the room is cleaned, but windows are not cleaned at all. 21st street Queensbridge metro station is very close to the hotel. The back of the metro station there are block of flats which is said to be unsafe as driver told us. You can overcome that by walking fast in the middle of the road after the avenue and turn right to the hotel immediately. Near the metro station, Police is on duty whole day by means of high observation crane and car. We did not have any trouble at all during our stay. Metro operates 24 hrs. The ticket is $ 2.50 and taxi $ 13 - 18 depending where you hop in around Times square. You can reach fifth avenue by 3 stops or go queensboro plaza station for direct 34th street Times square station. You pay about $ 50 for taxi from J.F.Kennedy airport to the Hotel. We have returned to hotel by metro at weekends and by taxi other late nights for safety purposes. Do not forget to buy $ 30 metro card for 7 days unlimited travel. The İndian receptionist could not manage to make the repair of the water drainage in the shower basin. İt is my only complaint. Early reservation is cheaper if hotels are full at the time you arrive. Check out the prices of Edison & Hotel Pennsylvania in the city center which can be of the same price as Sleep İnn. This hotel quıte satisfies guests with price/quality ratio as a summary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York