We were a family of 5 visiting NY for two days and wanted to live near Manhattan but not pay ridiculous amount of money. The place can be slightly difficult to find because of one way roads, but with GPS it's no problem. I can not say much about the neighbourhood as I didn't leave in the evening.
This place is only 3-4 minute walk away from the metro station. From the metro station the metro takes 20-25 minutes to go right into the middle of Manhattan. The trains from and to the metro station run pretty much through the night.
The room provides everything that you need: fridge, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, coffee machine and the hotel provides complementary basics eg toothbrush etc if you forget it. My room was on Floor 5 which gave a great view towards Manhattan. You just have to make sure your room is facing this way. Other reviews say that rooms above Floor 7 are even better.
Free internet but not free parking. However since the room price was cheaper than other hotels we just paid for the secure parking.
Free breakfast, although the breakfast area is slightly small so you may have to wait around fora table to clear. The earlier the better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York