The hotel was very reasonably priced and the staff went above and beyond what you would expect from your standard budget hotel. Room was clean and modern.
All that said, I will probably stay somewhere else next time because of the location. While I expected that it wouldn't be in the most exciting of places, this was farther off the beaten path than I expected. It's walking distance to the subway, but if you're going on the weekend (at least the weekend we were there), the trains are running pretty slow.
All in all, a good find as long as you understand what you're getting (and what you're not).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HotelsforEveryone and Priceline so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York