I love New York and I usually stay in Manhattan and this time I had a find a place that was price friendly. Here is the breakdown:
I liked the location, super accessible on the F-train taking you in a few stops to Rockefellar, Bryant Park, Times Square, Grand Central, Union Square and more. 7-train, N-train, Q-train, M-train, R-train to Laguardia airport 24-hour service available on all stations. We caught our train at 3am to catch our 4am flight. Around the hotel at the corner there is a Latin, where you can get some good quality food at $10 for a big plate. A few steps in the opposite direction there is some good old fashion Chinese food and at the top of the street is a 24 hr convenience store. For healthier options, Subway Sandwiches. At the entrance of the F-train station is fried chicken place. It is true that it is in an industrial area, but I give a few years and it will get cleaned up as the Hampton Inn is around the corner and there was another building across the Sleep Inn being built. A lot will comment maybe late at night, it might be questionable to walk around late, but that can be anywhere. 5 out of 5.
Very friendly front desk. I really liked that they asked for feedback, that gave me the impression that they want to always improve. The cleaning staff was very efficient, always on time every morning doing their rounds and room was always clean and replenished with towels and toiletries. Breakfast was awesome, a very good selection to start the day. The breakfast area was always being cleaned and foods were constantly being replenished. I LOVED the bagels. I personally like hot foods such as eggs and sausages. 5 out of 5.
Very clean, loved the bed, loved the sheets. It was a lot better than I expected. The Choice Hotels chain has really upgraded in decor with a contemporary design, king bed, flat screen tv's, in-room safe, closet with plenty of drawers. Complimentary shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soaps. Clean bathroom, spacious and up-to-date. 5 out of 5.
Hotels are based on seasonality and during my stay from April 19-24 I was able to get a nightly rate of $120. I considered using sites such as AirBnb, Roomarama and etc, and paid between 80-100, I preferred the servicing of the room, the breakfast, the use of the gym, the use of the free wifi, I felt taken care of. 5 out of 5.
It was pleasant surprise and I would stay here again as it has really great value. In addition, I will very likely stay at another hotel part of the Choice Hotels chain. The chain keeps it simple and contemporary. I enjoyed New York yet again and I look forward to my next visit again, 2014. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity and Choice Hotels so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York