“Great cocktails. Great character. Easy Trip from Manhattan.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Los Angeles, California
“Great cocktails. Great character. Easy Trip from Manhattan.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It seems Long Island City is really up and coming and now it has a trendy bar (in the Brooklyn mold) to go with it. My favorite places are hidden and off the beaten path and this is one of the best I've found. Dark with old fashioned character (lots of exposed wood and private booths). A great list of cocktails. Interesting crowd. I haven't eaten here yet but the drink menu is impressive and the bartenders are not eye candy, they're real professionals (well perhaps eye candy if you like suspenders and ironic mustaches).

If you're looking for an easy adventure outside of Manhattan then this is your place. Only 1 stop from Midtown --- just don't get lost trying to find it.

• Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“OMG; gets out o' here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Just had Dr. Funk rum drink at the Durch Kills... My, my, my.. Not to be missed! What a place. The drinks are amazing, atmosphere is a step back in time... Think Dick Van Dyke, Lucy and Ricky, Rosemarie ... A definite must!

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“It's a speakeasy with delicious cocktails and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Friends took me as I'm sure I couldn't have found it on my own. I only went for drinks so I cannot speak about the food which I understand they have now expanded their menu. The cocktails ate carefully concocted by quirky, fun, and friendly young people. I strongly recommend the Gold Rush,bourbon and fresh ginger!! I could have one of these for breakfast, everyday.

Visited January 2013
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went for a couple of drinks.... left after 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a lovely little hidden diamond, we went for a few drinks and did not leave until 1am.... Karen our cocktail person we awesome but would not make me a cosmo ;) all in all well work a visit.

Visited March 2013
Rego Park, New York
“a gem hidden in the rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Dutch kills is a pretty gem that is still kinda hidden in the rough.
I come here with friends and the atmosphere is always awesome for dates or chilling out.
It's kinda costly, but worth the amount. Usually I go for the bartender's choice and throw out a couple adjectives and they always seem to hit the palette right on the nose.

Also a good thing is it's never overly crowded. Sometimes there's a lot of people and you might have to stand by the bar, but never face in the armpits. Plus sometimes there's live music.

• Visited February 2013