WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of dutch kills

dutch kills
Cuisines: Bar, American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“It's a speakeasy with delicious cocktails and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Friends took me as I'm sure I couldn't have found it on my own. I only went for drinks so I cannot speak about the food which I understand they have now expanded their menu. The cocktails ate carefully concocted by quirky, fun, and friendly young people. I strongly recommend the Gold Rush,bourbon and fresh ginger!! I could have one of these for breakfast, everyday.

Visited January 2013

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went for a couple of drinks.... left after 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a lovely little hidden diamond, we went for a few drinks and did not leave until 1am.... Karen our cocktail person we awesome but would not make me a cosmo ;) all in all well work a visit.

Visited March 2013
Rego Park, New York
“a gem hidden in the rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Dutch kills is a pretty gem that is still kinda hidden in the rough.
I come here with friends and the atmosphere is always awesome for dates or chilling out.
It's kinda costly, but worth the amount. Usually I go for the bartender's choice and throw out a couple adjectives and they always seem to hit the palette right on the nose.

Also a good thing is it's never overly crowded. Sometimes there's a lot of people and you might have to stand by the bar, but never face in the armpits. Plus sometimes there's live music.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
“You have not lived, if you haven't visited Dutch Kills!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Lately, I have been on a Speakeasy kick, and let me tell you... This place is amazing!!!! While many speakeasies I have been to do not have menus, this place does.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THE MENU.

While I am sure that the drinks on the menu are great, you HAVE to trust the bartender. My request was "Citrus, Ginger, and Mint"... It was the best thing I have ever put into my mouth! The whole night he kept drinks coming with this flavor combination, but all different drinks! (I wish I caught his name so I could rave about him here!)

This is definitely the place to go for a great experience. Awesome bartenders, and unforgettable drinks. The liquor that they have here is not the usual stuff that you see at your local Joe Schmoe bar... Everything is really good quality! I am living, breathing proof as I had a flight to catch at 6AM the day after drinking...... A LOT...... No hang over even at 33,000 feet in the air! Yay.

GO GO GO GO here! What are you waiting for?

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California, USA
“Very Fun Speakeasy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I felt like I was back in the 1920's when I walked into this bar. I have so many great things to say about this place. The ice cubes are uniquely cut from a big block of ice so in some drinks, one cube fits the entire glass. They don't serve the usual alcohol brands like Grey Goose. The alcohol brands are very different- none I've ever seen before and I work as a bartender in Los Angeles. The bartenders are dressed in white shirts with black vests, are very nice and very knowledgeable in the drinks they serve. They make their own ginger ale and put non-usual things in some of their drinks, like maple syrup. It was definitely a great and extremely fun experience. I highly recommend it

Visited December 2012