“Incredible speakeasy.”

dutch kills
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been to LIC before, as well as Dutch Kills, but this trip saw a massive improvement. We sat at the bar and were attended to by a friendly and knowledgeable bartender. I described what I wanted, he made it, and he confidently added twists to the menu cocktails to make it a little bit more personal. Last time we sat in a booth but without a doubt the bar was better.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was recommended this bar by locals and it exceeded all my expectations. Atmospherically dingy, with pleasant but in no way obsequious staff who mix a mean cocktail, the visit was one of the highlights of my 4-day stay in New York. Indeed, being a certain type of bloke, I tend to compile lists of such things and Dutch Kills goes into my top 10 bars ANYWHERE! Warning: this is not for anyone who likes brightly lit, upbeat, "townie" bars. :-)

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Just drinks - but so superb with fabulous live jazz. Interesting to see how they cut their ice from a large block.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

Great bar, very unusual with lots of space and delicious cocktails. Not easy to find as there is only one small bar sign, and a sign on the door that reads Dutch Kills. Visit this place it's wonderful. Had the Marie Antionette. Yum. Last time I visited they did not serve food...

Reviewed December 26, 2010

Only a small neon BAR sign in this hidden speakeasy styled bar. Inside lots of tables and bar stools. Excellent cocktails from yesteryear with live piano music and professional mixologists behind the bar. They DO take credit cards now