2,135 results
All reviewsnew yorksubway stationf linethe breakfast areabagelsfree breakfasttimes squareparking spotnever felt unsafebeds were very comfortablecentral parkthe hotel is cleanthe empire state buildingmanhattan viewjfk airporttwo blockslate at night
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had a client that stayed here for 6 days, they absolutely love this hotel. Close to public transportation. Quiet and peaceful. Hotel staff was very helpful and knowlegable on city and sightseeing information.
Client stated that they would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Being a short train ride to Manhattan was no problem. Sure the area was not the best, but the hotel was clean and the staff so helpful. Breakfast room small but wow what a choice. If you want to pay megga bucks for a 5 star hotel you can, but let's face it, you want to see New York, not sit in your room all day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandra455
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The breakfast is too simple and there are not many restaurants around. Apart from Metro line N, it will be quite difficult to get to there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This review will be organized in order of my stay there...parking, room/service quality, breakfast quality, etc.

I am also speaking as a Best Western rewards member, so I have stayed at plenty of Best Westerns in multiple countries. There were really no benefits for me staying here as a rewards member and I was highly disappointed.

When I first visited this hotel, I had a reasonable expectation that parking might be a problem. I tried calling the hotel while driving there to see where I should park...after several attempts, I still couldn't get through, and had to figure it out on my own.

Their parking garage (which I also found out about on my own) was very small and was also shared with an adjacent Howard Johnson's. Bottom line, if you get to the hotel later than 7pm (even that's pushing it), don't expect to get a spot. I highly doubt that they have spaces for more than 10% of the rooms between these two hotels (also pushing it). I don't even think they have a total of 50 spaces available. The only benefit is that it's free. For the rest of us (which included me on the first day), we have to fight for available street parking. Because everybody seems to park on both sides of the street anyways, I decided to take a chance, and paid the price...literally, with two $60 parking tickets. These parking officers are royal ***holes when it comes to this, as the second ticket was placed right along with the first, no sympathy whatsoever.

Ok, sorry for the parking rant. The room itself was clean, well-organized, and I was able to get good quality sleep.

The hotel is very well placed to a subway line, which is just a short walk away. There isn't too much in the way of restaurants within a quarter mile, so you'll have to walk a little further if you want to find a good sit down resto.

The breakfast was sufficiently stocked, although I wish it had a bit more variety.

Long story short...the hotel itself is decent, but good luck on finding a parking spot...that part seriously reduced the experience for me.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel that actually has sufficient parking available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice hotel with friendly frontdesk. Room was quiet and good beds. Location close to subwayand within 20 minutes on Time Square.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple