2,295 results
All reviews new york subway station f line breakfast room bagels free breakfast times square queens bridge breakfast staff never felt unsafe beds were very comfortable the empire state building central park the hotel is clean manhattan view two blocks long island
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I made reservations for this hotel about three weeks ago. Under my schedule I got to this hotel today and the attention at the front desk was pretty good, easy going and quick. Tha cab from Laguardia airport to the hotel was a very affordable cost of 13 dollars. The room is clean and with the enough equipment to have a confortable stay. The close subway station makes very easy and fast to get to any place in Manhattan. Today I went and came back from Times Square using the subway train and the experience with the transportation and in the city was quite good. I hope to think the same after the fourth night I´m staying here.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2012

otherwise, this hotel is very nice, they have refrigerators in the room, but no microwaves. Continental breakfast was donuts, pastries, croisants, yogurt, cereal, decent variety. Rooms are very clean, housekeeping was great. Friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TheClarks2011
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Me and my boyfriend came to this hotel for a week after Christmas in 2011! It was both our first times coming to New York and it was an amazing trip I will never forget!!! This hotel was awesome, we were a little nervous because of the previous reviews we heard about bed bugs and stuff but we have NO issues! The hotel staff was amazing and very nice! Breakfast was good and can free with the hotel booking! On our first day we did get the elevator stuck, only because I got too excited I was in New York and jumped in the elevator and got it stuck. We were trapped for about 45 minutes but the staff had us out in no time and didn’t see it get stuck again for the rest of the trip! so DO NOT jump in the elevator! All in all it was a fantastic trip and highly recommend this hotel and definitely going back! Very convenient to the F train which takes you right into Rockefeller Centre! sketchy neighbourhood the hotel is in but if you keep to yourself no one will bother you! :)

Any questions, feel free to ask me!

Room tip: Get a room with a city view. Its amazing to wake up and look out your window and see New York! Beautiful lights at night as well!
Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks when I first moved to the US while I was looking for an apartment. The room was lovely and comfortable, King size bed, flat screen tv, good bathroom and small fridge. It was cleaned everyday and the room service girls were lovely. The breakfast set up was good as you could go down during the hours of breakfast (6:30-9:30) pick up a bagel, and the eating area was open all day so you could avail of the toaster and microwave.

The hotel itself is located in a slightly dodgy and run-down area. I would not have been walking around alone, especially at night. The subway stop is only a two minute walk away and this F line will bring you straight into mid-town Manhattan in less than 10 minutes-this is the major perk of the hotel!!

My experience of the hotel overall was good but there were a few things for me that were a BIG let down. There was a concierge desk, yet on three occasions they could not help us get a car, we ended up calling ourselves. And as another reviewer said-beware of your credit card. On my first night I wanted to settle the bill with the receptionist, she took the card and said it was all done the total 15 nights were accounted for (my online banking confirmed that she debited the correct money) yet when I went to check out the receptionist was telling me I had not paid for one night, why I would not pay for one out of 15 nights is crazy, but I stood my ground and said I refused to pay as it was the first receptionists fault not mine. Yet this girl right in front of me said -'Oh well I just deducted that night off your card'. Without my permission-that was over $100 she just took from me-I was raging. And no manager to be seen when I asked..This turned my great stay sour!

Overall-I would tell people to stay here just watch your billing for your room!! I

Room tip: Ask for the Manhattan view, as it is away from the roadside and very quiet.
Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank Sran_Sran
Bwplazalic33143, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Hello Sran_Sran,

The Best Western Plaza Hotel would like to thank you for taking out time and sharing with us your experience at our hotel! Your post has been beneficial to our hotel, for we take every guest experience, both positive and negative, and as a team, discuss improvements and create implementations to better serve our guests! We apologize for the frustrations in regards to billing; if you have current conflicts with your billing, please do call our hotel and we will fix any remaining concerns!

Sincere thanks,
The Best Western Plaza Hotel Management

Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I visited here in July 2011 and for the price we were very suprised at the quality of this place. The Hotel looked like it was recently either renovated or remodeled it was very modern. The front desk staff was great and very helpful with local eateries in queens when we wanted to stay near hotel. The Rooms were great , clean and very comfortable (especialy the bed) The area is very multi cultured so for teh one or two crazies you see a hand full of working class so we werent to worried. The train is about a block away so that was very convenient. Overall i would definatly stay here again..

Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank Romero M

Hello Romero,

The Best Western Plaza is delighted your found your stay with us back in July 2011 enjoyable! In future trips to New York City, we do hope you stay with us again, for there will always be a comfortable bed waiting!

Warm regards,