2,144 results
All reviewsnew yorksubway stationf linethe breakfast areabagelsfree breakfasttimes squareparking spotnever felt unsafebeds were very comfortablecentral parkthe hotel is cleanthe empire state buildingmanhattan viewjfk airporttwo blockslate at night
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel is the worst we have stayed in. The first room they gave us (201) the sheets had blood on them. After some attitude from staff my room was switched to (301). This room had bed bugs crawling all over the mattress and after I called downstairs to change my room they told me no. I asked the person on the phone what was his name he told me that he could not give it to me. I asked for GM name he said he could not give it to me. We did not stay at hotel and still was charged for it.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sugeil S
Bwplazalic33143, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Hello Sugeil S

On behalf of our entire team Best Western Plaza Hotel, we would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future! We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Sincere thanks,

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We took this hotel as an alternative to staying in downtown Manhattan. While it is literally five minutes over the bridge, if you plan on driving, that could take you an hour or more during peak traffic times. The plus is the 2 minute walk to the subway : )
We got a 'SUITE'..... we had another traveler staying with us and thought...... well, no matter what we thought, we found a standard room, with one of the beds moved out and a loveseat moved in.... NO extra room at all, and the mattress on the pullout was so thin that our extra traveler just slept on the loveseat with her legs up on the arms!
So, THAT being said, the room was not a SUITE by any stretch, and they were completely booked, so we couldn't get a different room with another bed.
The room was clean, and the staff was really wonderful. They didn't get exasperated with constant requests for directions, etc., and over all were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank amyb3517

Hello Amy,

The team here at Best Western Plaza Hotel appreciates every customer’s honest opinion of our facility and the services we provided. We’re glad you found staff here wonderful! Hope you keep our hotel in mind for future visits to New York and also no matter how many questions or requests, it truly is a pleasure to facilitate our guests!

Many thanks,

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed at both the howard johnson and the best western hotel and between the two the Best Western was definitely better. We booked our stay for one day less than the length of our trip because we planned to stay in the city one day, but the location and the price of this hotel made it seem like there was no point. Manhattan is right there and the airports are so close that we tried to extend our stay, but they were full and they told us to try the howard johnson. We were disappointed going next door since the price was the same and Best Western is much nicer. I recommend getting into Best Western over Howard Johnson! It is cleaner and an overall nicer hotel with free parking and breakfast. The staff however is a lot more friendly and helpful at howard johnson. I recommend if you need to know anything about the city, visit the front desk guy next door!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank peggy d

Hello Peggy,

Thank you for your kindhearted review of your experience at the Best Western Plaza Hotel! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel amenities, facility, staff, and not to forget, the very conveniently close F train! It was an honest delight serving you during your stay at our hotel and we hope you keep us in mind in future trips to New York!

Always a pleasure,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was a bad memory to our visit to New York. When we arrived and checked in hotel charged my credit card with the amount of 7 nights. After we saw our room we wanted to leave but they already charged us with the amount of 7 nights. Our room was smelly,towels were dirty with marks and the a/c was so noisy that you couldn't hear the TV.....!!!
Breakfast was another awfull experience......10 tables and after 7:30 was a total chaos!!! You couldnt sit.....all plates were plastic and so small you couldnt put a slice of bread in it!!
I would recoment to every one who want to visiti New York to stay out of this hotel and choose sth else....too much money and very poor accomodation!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello Alexis,

We here at Best Western Plaza Hotel appreciate your feedback about the service you experienced at our hotel during your stay with us. Any or every feedback is of value to our hotel as we hope to prosper into a better hotel for our future guests! Again thank you sharing your experience.

Many thanks,

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Wow I booked this hotel in the very last minute trip to NYC. The rate was really cheap(<70)
given that this is NYC and it was when I made a booking a day before my departure. Sure enough, I was really worried about the hotel after I figured out the hotel location. The hotel is sitting in Queens neighrborhood but it is very close to F train station. You can run to the hotel in one minute along road. I have seen a couple of police sometime at night near F Subway station. So that is good and bad.

The room seems to be renovated, it has a new flat TV screen and new bedding sets. The breakfast scence is a mess if you see it. But I just thanked them to provide it free. Coffee and donuts, that's it. I got an impression that employees are really working hard to provide excellent services. But overall this place is run down.

The location is good if you are going to Manhattan. Other than that, I would not pay more than 100 dollars unless you are really desperate for a hotel room.

PS. room has much noise from traffic noise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hello IADFlyer,

Thank you for your honest review of your stay here with us at Best Western Plaza Hotel! We’re glad you found our hotel amenities and staff of great service! On your next trip to New York, we hope you consider staying with us again!

Warm Regards,