County Inn and Suites Long Island City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
$150
$129
Red Lion Inn & Suites Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$203
$191
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$150
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$127
Fairfield Inn
$144
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Quality Inn Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$230
$220
QualityInn
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn - Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$155
$139
1,911 results
All reviewsgas stationbagelstimes squarenew yorkfree breakfastqueensboro plazamicrowave and fridgecity viewper nightcentral parkqueens plazaconvenience storehot breakfasttwo blockscoffee makerfelt safemetro card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Let's be honest, this isn't the Ritz. The area is drab, the staff is indifferent and the breakfast is mediocre at best. But, the location is outstanding. It's a 5 minute walk downhill to the Queensboro Plaza stop. If you are looking to save $ in NYC, this is a great option and the reason I give it 4 stars instead of 3. Let's face it, you aren't visiting NYC to stay in a hotel room and will be using the subway anyway. There is a Mobil gas station next door for toiletries and snacks. The hotel is a $20 cab ride from LaGuardia. The rooms are a little on the smaller side but not cramped. The TV doesn't have a whole lot of options if you want to lounge around. The walls are a little thin.

If I was looking for value, this hotel would be up there in my choices. If you want luxury and pampering, stay far far away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Spankytoes
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

We can't thank you enough for sharing your feedback so that we can continue to improve upon our service and hospitality. We appreciate the comments regarding our staff and location. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with an even superior experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

On the positive side, this is a great location for being able to get in to Manhattan in 15 minutes flat.

However, nothing else impressed at all. As I see mentioned in other reviews, the sheets were stained. How can this be such a consistent problem? One of the benefits of being a Club Carlson gold member is a "In-Room Welcome Gift", which this hotel did not provide at all.

There were cars honking all night keeping us up, although you can't blame the hotel on that one, just being that close to Manhattan.

Breakfast was OK. Bagels, cereal, donuts, eggs and potatoes. However, the eggs were cold, the juice machine was broken, and the cream cheese was being left out at room temperature for way too long to be safe.

Given this experience, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erik T
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at this hotel if I have friends who can not afford expensive rates on Manhattan.
This hotel has great location - just 1 block away from queensboro plaza.
You should not expect too much from breakfast, It's better eat outside.
While rooms are quite big, it better to book with the view on Manhattan.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Smart_traveller_russia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Pros: Good deal $135 per night; breakfast included (everyday was the same thing, scrambled eggs with ham, boiled eggs, sausages, oatmeal, waffles, doughnuts, bagels, muffins, bananas, juices, coffee, hot cocoa); free wifi (excellent strength); very close to Manhattan/Times Square (The Queensborough Plaza subway stop was 2 blocks away from the hotel)

We arrived early and was able to check in without a hassle 11:35 a.m.

The room was clean and was a good size

Cons:
The room was showing some wear and tear, but not too drastic.
For some reason we didn't put the heater on but the room was overly warm; so we had to open up the windows to cool it down a bit.

Overall if I cannot get a good rate in Times Square, I'll stay here again at a good rate and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked here because I read good and great reviews about it, however, I was really disappointed.
First, there is no parking at the hotel, the good thing is that there is a lot across the street ($20/24 hours). Then I needed a new sheets, I was told they were out of sheets and could not provide not even one. Then we went to sleep just to find out that there were bed bugs all over. My wife is allergic to these things and gets big bumps wherever she is bitten, needles to say we couldn't sleep. When I reported it to front desk I was told this was the first time they had such an issue. I don't believe it. I had reserved for two nights, but I will only be staying for the remainder of this night and go to a different hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Antonio A
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.