New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Personal Vacation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Long Island City

Ramada Long Island City
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

If you are looking for a budget hotel with all the facilities that you want, then look no more than the Ramada Long Island City hotel. Yes this hotel also has a gym! You get a full facility hotel with complimentary breakfast at almost half the rate of nearby hotels! The front office staff especially Mr Jhalak was very helpful. Without me asking, I was given a city view room on the 9th floor where I could see the Queensboro bridge and the landmark buildings of NYC including Empire States! The room was neat and the restroom even had a bathtub. The cleaning staff was always on time. The breakfast was basic but that is all you need for a quick bite before walking down Crescent St to the Queens Plaza subway station and within 10 mts you are in Times Square! The hotel is in a quite residential neighborhood so you are safe even if you walk down the street after a late night out in NYC. There is a deli and a laundromat nearby to take care of you necessities!

Room Tip: Take the top floor room with city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
1 Thank orthoteacher
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Bad furniture ,,,,,,,,,,,,I found some clothes of the previous guest under the bed!!!!!! No parking lot for my car !!!!! dirty carpets ,,noisy,,dirty curtains with red stains ,,,,,,,,,,overall uncomperable to other hotels with the same price 130 USD

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Ahmed E

Travelers are raving about these Long Island City hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

When I booked this hotel, I had no idea how close it was to the city, which was very convenient. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Overall, good location, clean and fast check-in and check-out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Veronica D
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the subway, affordable and clean - this is the place. The staff were always attentive and accommodating to our requests. The free continental breakfast options were fair (boiled eggs, sausage links, cereal, bananas, coffee, bagels, etc). I stayed there for three days, for the value and location I would definitely do it again. More breakfast food options would make it a 5 star, but otherwise great!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Manhattan, great for the night view!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 2FearlessTravelers
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here on the 20th of June this year. After an argument over our check in time with the incompetent guy behind reception, we finally got up to our room. Here's the fun part, when we checked in, I paid $100 in cash as a deposit for the room and was told I would also have to give card details (I paid for the room on booking.com). The next day, the guy behind reception called me and said he would have to also ''reserve'' the amount of $118.27 on my card and gave me some long winded excuse. After about half an hour of arguing and trying to explain to him that I had already paid, the manager came in and sorted things out. We booked an additional night and paid in cash but had to give card details...again. I was told that nothing would be charged to my account seeing as I paid in cash and already gave a deposit. On check out I realized that I had indeed been charged for the room, after yet another heated argument with the idiot behind reception (who had one earphone in while talking to me) I called my credit card company and they told me that $118.00 had been taken as an authorized payment. The manager of the hotel assured me this would be refunded within four days. A month later and there is still no sign of it coming back into my account. If you're travelling on a budget like I am, do yourself a favour and don't stay in the Ramada Hotel, it's by far the worst service Iv'e ever encountered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple