“Nightmare”

Ramada Long Island City
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here on the 20th of June this year. After an argument over our check in time with the incompetent guy behind reception, we finally got up to our room. Here's the fun part, when we checked in, I paid $100 in cash as a deposit for the room and was told I would also have to give card details (I paid for the room on booking.com). The next day, the guy behind reception called me and said he would have to also ''reserve'' the amount of $118.27 on my card and gave me some long winded excuse. After about half an hour of arguing and trying to explain to him that I had already paid, the manager came in and sorted things out. We booked an additional night and paid in cash but had to give card details...again. I was told that nothing would be charged to my account seeing as I paid in cash and already gave a deposit. On check out I realized that I had indeed been charged for the room, after yet another heated argument with the idiot behind reception (who had one earphone in while talking to me) I called my credit card company and they told me that $118.00 had been taken as an authorized payment. The manager of the hotel assured me this would be refunded within four days. A month later and there is still no sign of it coming back into my account. If you're travelling on a budget like I am, do yourself a favour and don't stay in the Ramada Hotel, it's by far the worst service Iv'e ever encountered.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Aaron D

Reviewed July 23, 2014

4  Thank T M
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, adequate breakfast, clean and safe. Overall great experience for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Erin S
Reviewed July 18, 2014

1  Thank Koffi N
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stay 7 nights with Ramada, it is only 3 blocks away from Queensboro Subway station, you can arrive Time Square in 10 minutes with Line 7 and Line N / Q. Hotel is located in an Industrial area, but it is quiet and safe area. A few eating places are near the Subway station, laundry is only 2 minutes walk from hotel (opposite the direction to Subway station). You can order Take Away (To Go) from hotel, free delivery, just ask the friendly staff for names.

Breakfast is included in the price of the room, it is a basic breakfast, but good enough. I don't really like the air condition since it is right next to your bed.

When you check in with hotel, the full amount with extra $5.00 per night will be charged on pending, the extra will be released if nothing happened when check out.

The Hotel can order the Taxi for you as well, flat charges to airports, the price is quite reasonable.

4  Thank vince g
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We wanted an affordable hotel during our three days in New York. This hotel offer good prices for clean rooms. Rooms are small (as expected in New York), but everything works. You get a simple but OK breakfast buffet included. Parking is a few blocks away and 1/5 of the prices in Manhattan. Getting to Manhattan is very simple. Three blocks form the hotel, you find a key Metro Station where several lines passes through. Buy a metro card, fill up with $ 20 and you're good to go for a couple of days. Metro trains come and go all the time and in 12 minues you are in the middle of Manhattan. Worked well for us!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up, to avvoid traffic noise.