WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Philadelphia
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada in LIC for three days in June 2013. For the most part the room was decent but the carpet in the room did have a number of stains which wasn't really a big deal because I always wear my flip flops in the room. The reason why I am giving this hotel one star is because of the lack of service and abuse from the staff. On the first day of our stay, the TV started acting funny. I attempted to call the front desk but there was no dial tone so my mother who was also staying at the hotel went down and informed the from desk. The maintenance man fixed it and everything was fine. The next day it happened again, and I did what the maitenance guy did and fixed it. The third day it happened again and I was not able to fix it. Because the phone still wasn't working, my mother called the front desk from her cell phone. 40 minutes went by and no one came to fix it so she went down to the front desk again. While she down there, she asked if we could be compensated with a discount for the trouble that we had with the TV and phone. The front desk woman was very rude and said that it was probably an electrical issue and we could not be compensated. When checking out we asked again about a discount and were told that we messed up the TV but changing the channel. We were also told that we took the wires out of the phone so it wouldn't work. Basically we were accused of breaking everything so that we could get a discount. We were treated very rudely and she threatened to call the police. When we asked for the manager, she said she was the manager and that we should call the corporate line. We have called and are still waiting to here back from them after their investigation. I visit NY often and stay in LIC because it is cheaper than staying in the city but this will was the last time I will stay in this Ramada. The service is horrible here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was happy with this choice. Room was clean and modern with view of Manhattan. ten minute walk to subway with kids. about 10 mins on subway to times square. we were happy to walk to hotel at midnight after a broadway show with our 8 and 11 year olds. Felt safe. I liked eating breakfast in my room. Seemed liked the hotel attracted nice guests as everyone was courteous in the small breakfast space. Check in was easy. overall, great choice to save money compared to Manhattan

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was a nice hotel, the rooms were clean and the service was ok. It's not that close from the metro station. When arriving with big bags, a cab is needed. The area for the breakfast is very small, with people eating standing up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here from the 29/5/2013-7/6/2013 the staff were helpful but not intrusive, the bedrooms and bathroom were clean and comfortable and the breakfast supplied was good.
The hotel staff insured that there were fresh supples in my room everyday and the bed lined and towels were also changed daily. All in all I had an excellent stay there and I can't rate the staff highly enough so a big thank you to them

The staff went out of their way to help when I had a problem with my transfer service to the airport.

The subway was approx 10 mins away and the ride was 18 minutes to manhattan and there were very regular trains.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the bridge if possible and try and get one on the higher floors, there is a lift