“Great value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
LaCrosse
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Room was adequate . Clean, refrig, coffee pot . Free breakfast was all you needed. Coffe, eggs, sausage (weekends) bagels rolls toast juice milk 3 cereals. Easy walk to subway . Very quiet. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Not a luxury hotel but we stayed for 5 nites comfortable and safe and were less then 1/2 hour from every tourist site in New York City . We will stay here again next time we come

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Melilla
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hemos escogido este hotel principalmente por el precio, muchisimo mas barato que en Manhattan y con lo básico para una estancia confortable. El hotel está a menos de 10 minutos del metro, que te pone en otros 10 minutos en el centro (Times Square). El desayuno siempre va incluido (es de cortesía), la cama cómoda y grande. La habitación limpia y suficientemente grande como para no agobiarte.
Es verdad que los recepcionistas no te sonríen, pero son serviciales y te ayudan. El sistema de calefacción en la habitación estaba muy alto y si lo bajabas hacia mucho ruido. Hasta pasados varios días no le pillé el truco.
El sitio de desayuno es pequeño, pero si no tienes sitio (algo que evitas si desayunas antes de las 9) puedes optar por esperar 5 minutos, ya que la gente desayuna rápido, o bien subirte el desayuno a tu habitación.
En general, muy satisfechos con la relación calidad-precio. De hecho, estaba lleno de alemanes, y eso significa algo! ;)

We chose this hotel mainly for the price, much cheaper than Manhattan ones, and with the basic things to make your stay comfortable. It is less than 10 min walking from the subway, that drives you to the centre (Times Square) in other 10 min. Breakfast is always included (complimentary), beds are big and comfy enough, and the room is big enough sonas not to make you feel oppressed.
It is true that people in reception don't smile a lot, but they were quite helpful when needed. The heating was too high and when I tried to get it down the conditioner made a horrible noise. I could manage it after a few days.
Breakfast is in the lobby and there is no much room on it (just 4 tables), but if you don't have any place to sit, you can opt to wait for 5 min (people don't stay for long) or bring breakfast to your room. Anyway, you can avoid this problem by coming for breakfast before 9.
In general, we are quite satisfied by the quality-price relation. Actually, it was full of Germans, what must mean something. ;)
A suggestion: nobody seems to use the fitness room, you could transform it into a dining room for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I booked into Ramada Long Island City for a couple nights before our flight back home to Australia. I was mortified to see the size of the room considering it was ADA compliant. I could barely get my wheelchair to the bed, had one near miss and nearly ended up on the floor. Again... another ADA bathroom which had a shower over bath tub.. still don't get that!!! Staff werent so friendly as we would expect. We asked them to book us a wheelchair taxi, they had no idea how to do so.. so we had to transfer me and the wheelchair into one of their contracted private cabs. Next time we are in New York, will spend a little bit more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need a wheelchair accessible room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed here on quite a few occasions for business. I would give the place 5 stars except for these few points. The cleaners are loud and if you are trying to sleep in it can be difficult. The staff for the most are helpful and friendly but I had one night booked and my office booked me one more night the next day. Checkout was 11am and I called down before this to inform them I had another night booked. The guy on the phone said no problem come down when I was ready. I had a shower and when I got out I received a knock on the door from some guy downstairs saying I need to go down to reception. I said ok and as I was getting dressed I got a phone call from the front desk asking if I can come down immediately or I will charged. At this point I said to him I already called down to say I had another night booked and he told me to come down when I was ready. He said ok. I went down and asked why I had received such a call. I didn't get much of a response from the guy and found him to be quite rude. Apart from that good hotel, close to subway and laundromat next door.

Room Tip: if you want an amazing view of the city ask for a room facing the city and on one of the top floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business