We had to move our kid to Queens from Boston this past weekend so you can imagine the "fun" weekend. I found this new Holiday Inn a few subway stops from her apartment and the price was right.. Well, it was a great surprise to have a gorgeous large corner room with balcony and sliding door, marble bath, beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable at the end of a very tedious hot day. The N-Q subway is just a half block away, so we took that into Manhattan for a nice dinner. The immediate neighborhood is not appealing for tourism, but a mass transit ride up to Astoria or into Manhattan is a snap. The only reason I gave a low star rating for service is the attitude of the waitress for breakfast in the hotel. We did not have a reservation that included breakfast and I did not mind paying, but those who buy (or get free) continental breakfast get relegated to a few lame tables in the dining room. No place mats, no napkins. Everyone who orders from the menu gets a noticably perfectly set table. The waitress made us move TWICE because we did not want to sit at one of the lame tables. And we were paying! She really had an attitude and it made me irritated as the place was not busy. There were dozens of empty tables here. The front desk staff was lovely. There is a small swimming pool in the basement that we did not use, and we saw a pretty nice fitness center adjacent to it. Parking is very limited and costs extra. We will stay here again when we visit our daughter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York