“Fantastic hotel and great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
“Fantastic hotel and great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights recently and loved it! I had stayed here a few years back, and nothing has changed. Being IHG members we wanted a holiday inn hotel close to the centre but to avoid to ridiculous NYC prices, and this fits the bill perfectly! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are spot on and the facilities the hotel provides are perfect. Rooms are trendy, clean and have all the amenities you would expect. The hotel is in a brilliant location, only a quick metro ride into Manhattan (metro station only around the corner), but far enough away to avoid to hustle and bustle - and at great nightly rates this hotel is a perfect stop for a New York City trip! We will definitely be booking up for a third time on our next visit to the big apple.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor, and with a Manhattan view. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View! We appreciate your wonderful feedback and thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member. Our property offers value, comfort and service without the Big Apple prices. I will certainly share your praises to our team and once again thank you for staying with us. Till the next visit, 3 is a charm, hopefully sooner thank later,

Gratefully,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Arrived very late, fast easy check in. Front desk staff was pleasant. Hotel is nice and up to date, rooms are small but overall clean and comfy. Not too many restaurants surrounding as far as i could see, but we took the train into Manhattan which is easily accessed from the hotel. I would return again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear JR,

Thank you for your feedback and time in reviewing our property! A local in fact! late at night a quick check in and convenience to get to your destination sounds like a good place. Don't be a stranger.....

Appreciatively,
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Manhattan View is in a great location, within easy reach of the city, from the metro station round the corner. We had a very spacious and well appointed room on the top floor, with a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows, providing a stunning view across to Manhattan. You can watch the sun set over the Empire State Building and Brooklyn Bridge. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. The only negative is the bar. What could be a nice space to relax in the evening, after a busy day in the city is completely spoilt by the VERY loud music, which makes conversation impossible and presumably is why it is always empty. Otherwise it was great and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View! We want to thank you for your time in giving us some feedback. I will certainly pass on your comments concerning the music to the Restaurant Management. We're delighted you had a nice stay and look forward to your return some day.

Travel Safely,
Lancaster,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot with my job and I must say at first I was a little taken back with this hotel and not sure about things but Danny and Elizabeth made up for everything! I am a Platinum IHG member and they do recognize that. I was surprised with the parking arraignments with only 20 spots but they accommodated me (even though my car was hit in their parking lot I was still grateful that I didn't have to park in a junk hard on the corner). The location is awesome right by the subway, and the Brazilian Steakhouse Restaurant inside the hotel is to die for!! Absolutely amazing food and service for affordable prices!! The view from this hotel is by far the best value for the money! I will be on a stretch assignment in NY, and this will be my home away from home no doubt!!! Thank you HI!!!

Stayed August 2014
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member. I appreciate your confidence and great feedback about the location and services especially the dynamic duo Danny and Elizabeth who are true ambassadors of the Holiday Inn Brand! We could thank you enough and hope that parking doesn't interfere with your experience while staying with us next time. Safe Travels!

Warm Regards,
Versailles, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We book for 2 queen standard rooms (21/07/2014-24/07/2014). One is spacefull with 2 beds and a Manhattan view, the second is very small, in front of the noisy ice machine with no view ... All is clean, the service is good, the subway is close. No fridge, no bathtub in this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lilidoune
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay recently. The hotel has mini refrigerators in most rooms and also on request. We surely could have sent one to your room if one was necessary, I apologize. We appreciate the comments about the service and the location. We hope the next time we can change your view. Thank you again for sharing and welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Merci encore et adieu
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great place outside Manhattan. 2 minutes to the train station and 15 minutes to the center of the universe :-)
clean place, great restaurant and professional stuff.
I had the Manahattan View Suite and the view I saw every day was breath holder!
Try to get as high as possible room. The view worth the money!
I was disappointed from the fact that the room does not have safe (?!?!?!) but its nothing compering to the rest.
Pay attention that parking in this place cost money but its only 20$ per day. Not a big issue.
Bottom line - if you want to stay in Manhattan but not to pay the parking or the fees for the city. use this hotel.
Personally - -I will again

Room Tip: Take a room as high as possible facing to the city. Manhattan suite is the ultimate view to the cit...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Rafael K
Dear Rafael,

We want to thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View located in Long Island City Queens New York! We appreciate the kind feedback and details concerning your stay with us. In fact, this is the closest you can get to Manhattan and we're delighted you found the location convenient. We hope to have you stay the next time and again the Manhattan View will certainly leave a great memory. From all of the staff here, we wish you safe travels.

Most Appreciatively,
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great Stay, Good location, parking was not that difficult. Thought it may get tricky but perhaps I was lucky. Was able to park out front on the street. Meters are there until 5pm so i spent $2.00 for 2 hours... Staff was friendly and recognized IHG status and was extremely helpful on dinner reservations, things to do and see, go and stay. Great Job, Great staff and not a bad location (some construction around the area and you have to drive thru some sketchy areas, but overall, this is a good place for NY $$$$$ for sure.

Room Tip: try to get one of the rooms on the 16th floor. awesome view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TommyTBoneMemphis
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Tommy,

We appreciate the support and explanation with parking. Thank you for being a valued IHG Rewards Member and I will mention your Great comments about the staff. Once again, we appreciate the opportunity to welcome you again sometime in the future. I think your room tip is spot on and I'm sure to receive many requests!

Warmest Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#3 of 28 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 412 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 28 in Long Island City
3.0 of 5 stars 1,670 reviews
Boro Hotel
#2 of 28 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 300 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#4 of 28 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 439 reviews
The Paper Factory Hotel
#12 of 28 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 468 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!