WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Naples, Florida
“Great All the way Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great Stay, Good location, parking was not that difficult. Thought it may get tricky but perhaps I was lucky. Was able to park out front on the street. Meters are there until 5pm so i spent $2.00 for 2 hours... Staff was friendly and recognized IHG status and was extremely helpful on dinner reservations, things to do and see, go and stay. Great Job, Great staff and not a bad location (some construction around the area and you have to drive thru some sketchy areas, but overall, this is a good place for NY $$$$$ for sure.

Room Tip: try to get one of the rooms on the 16th floor. awesome view.
2 Thank TommyTBoneMemphis
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Tommy,

We appreciate the support and explanation with parking. Thank you for being a valued IHG Rewards Member and I will mention your Great comments about the staff. Once again, we appreciate the opportunity to welcome you again sometime in the future. I think your room tip is spot on and I'm sure to receive many requests!

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The room is quite nice and the staff attentive. I had a great view of the city. There was a stain on one of the chairs in the room which then makes you doubt the cleanliness of the rest of the room, but I didn't find anything else bad. When I was checking in, however, I overheard another guest being told that the hotel parking lot was full and was provided some other options that were definitely less convenient.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Russ S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback and recommendations. We do not want you or anyone else to be overly concerned with the alternate parking options as they are literally next to the property. With limited parking on site you may have to park next door. However, if you find yourself in the area next time please feel free to contact me as we apologize about the impression we gave you with the room chair. I will make a note of it, thank you.

Appreciatively,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here from 8 July to 15 July.
This was my second stay. Last year I did not enjoy my time.
So much so that I left and moved to the Best Western, also in LIC.

This time was a complete turnaround.
Almost as though it was a different hotel.
I received an upgrade on check in; the room was clean, modern and spacious, and best of all was the Keurig coffee maker. Arguably the best coffee I’ve had in a hotel room. Anywhere.

The hotel is a 6 min walk to the subway, which takes about 15 mins to get to midtown. For seniors, the many steps required to climb up from the street to the subway (around thirty) would not make it an option.

Cabs from the hotel have to be booked ahead and take 5-10 mins to arrive. To 26th and Fifth cost $22 and to Penn Station, $35. The local car service charges $40 to JFK.

The hotel serves breakfast for $10 and an all you can eat Brazilian BBQ dinner for $20. I did not try either, but understand both are good value.

I have no idea why my experience this time was so much better, but believe it has something to do with new hotels opening up in the area recently and injecting competition into the market.

That said, why I my time was great I am not sure. What is sure is that I will certainly by back.

Out of 10 I’d give the hotel a 8.5. And I am a hard person to please.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
1 Thank JA-From-Sydney
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear JA,

Having had the pleasure of corresponding with you on your return visit, I assured you would have a entirely different experience. Thank you for giving us another chance. Our goal is to be a perfect 10 next time. We appreciate your time feedback!

Hooroo!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I just came back from my vacation in NYC, and had such a great experience staying in this hotel. The service is excellent - everybody is very friendly and professional. The rooms are clean.The hotel is located a minute walk from the subway, and 20 minutes to Manhattan by subway - very convenient. I was walking in the area early in the morning, and felt pretty safe. There are a couple of convenience stores in the area, and a great restaurant Crescent grill just up the street. I found the combination of price and what you get for it is excellent. There is a restaurant in the hotel. I had dinner there last night, and food was pretty good. The fitness room is good (and always empty! hehehe - has good variety of free weights) If I have to be picky, I would say hair dryers need to be updated. The one I had in my room was ancient, and also the fitness room, the bench is positioned the way you cannot really see yourself in the mirrors when lifting. But hey I know, you do not come to NYC to spend hours in the fitness room lifting weights.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Leah_Anna
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Anna,

Thank you again for your wonderful and helpful feedback! We appreciate the comment about "Having a Great Experience.....This Service is Excellent" Our team work very hard to offer this experience to everyone who stays with us. Crescent Grill is a great option for dinner and just a few blocks away. The hotel restaurant also offers a great value. Having ventured in NYC and LIC your certainly are now a local. Hope to catch you in the Fitness Room next time...

From our Team, thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn!

Au revoir
marlboro,nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went for a 2 night concert on Randalls Island and kept it local by staying here (we only live across the bridge). The location is as good as L.I.City can be - reasonably close to Manhattan and a great price. It was clean. Lobby needs refreshing. We were on the top floor and the room was large....NOT a suite or anything "extra" $$. The balcony was AWESOME! I was able to see 5 bridges - and as a NewYorker - even I was impressed! .....great H20 pressure, too. Parking is 20.00 and there really is NOTHING to walk to in the area - mostly tiny hotels and industry. Would stay here again for sure!!

Room Tip: room with a balcony!
      Rooms
1 Thank 3grlsmom
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and we appreciate your time. I'm delighted you found the hotel convenient to Roosevelt Island. This is a prefect location to drive or take local transportation to get there. I will certainly pass on your comments to the Staff. Glad you were able to get some fresh air on the balcony and see the many bridges of NYC. I see your profile picture has someone with a foot cast? I hope next time our reception staff can offer recommendations see cultural institutions and restaurants in the area which are in walking distance. You'll certainly be even more surprised next time.

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at the hotel over the 4th of July weekend for 5 nights. I was a little worried since the hotel wasn't in Manhattan but it was a quick trip on the subway into the city and even the cabs didn't cost too much (depending on traffic). The rooms were small as to be expected for NYC, but clean and comfortable. We had a few cocktails at the bar, ate at the Brazilian restaurant downstairs, walked across to the corner store for sodas and such and everything was fine. Front desk and other staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and quiet so no complaints. Took about 30 minutes to get from JFK and only 15 minutes to get to Laguardia Airport.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and didn't have a view. The rooms with balconies would be good especial...
1 Thank Belinda B
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Belinda,

Thank you for joining us to celebrate America's Independence Day! I appreciate your time and feedback! We are delighted you found the hotel convenient and comfortable. Our staff are the friendliest around, thank you. Should you decide to visit us again from sin city, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure we offer you a room on higher floor and depending on availability, a room with a Manhattan View.

Till the next time...

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked this hotel as we were familiar with the Holiday Inn chain and staying in Manhattan was over budget. It was a great decision :-)

The hotel is located a few minutes walk away from various subways (the nearest was 39th St) which had you in Central Manhattan in 15mins. There were several stores nearby including an excellent cafe for breakfast and a pharmacy.

It was our wedding anniversary so hubby contacted the hotel prior to arrange flowers. The manager was very helpful and accommodating.

Our room was on the 10th view and had fab views across Manhattan. We had our own balcony which was lovely.

The room was spacious and well equiped. It was a coffee maker rather than a kettle so if you prefer tea you would be better to bring your own kettle. The maker did produce hot water but not hot enough for tea :-). The fridge was a god send and the air conditioning worked very well.

The bed was very comfortable and there was free wifi.

The only negatives were the shower, it was a large enough cubicle but the actual shower was pitiful with weak pressure.

Apart from that, no complaints, would definitely stay again when we revisit New York

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Amex Traveler, 85 reviews, 55 cities. I cannot say enough about your reputation!

We thank you for the review and kind feedback. Wedding Anniversaries are special and I'm delighted the hotel and the staff helped make this occasion memorable. Next time please inquire about a kettle, I understand how important this is for international travelers and we keep a few on hand for this reason. As for the shower, we apologize and will have a look into this. If my memory serves me correctly, I coordinated the flowers upon your arrival so I know which room you stayed in. Now that your back home safely, we want to congratulate you on your Anniversary and thank you for sharing it with us. We do hope you make it back to the states sometime soon.

Thanks again and travel safely to your next city and beyond.....