We would recommend this hotel as it is comfortable and close to Manhattan - approximately 15 minutes by getting the N subway train.
Our room was spacious and we had a good view of the Upper Manhattan skyline from the eighth floor. Hint - if you have the option try and get higher - we went up to the fifteenth floor and had a much better view compared with our view which was partially blocked by a derelict building. Housekeeping was immaculate.
Regarding the restaurant, this was lacking in the usual atmosphere we expect from Holiday Inn and we didn't use it after the first night.
The breakfast buffet was very good and well managed (didn't catch the manager's name). Also, the waiter Jose went beyond the call of duty and was very attentive and friendly and always keen to ensure diners had the best experience.
We had an issue with our door keys not working for several days when we returned to the hotel. This took a couple of days to resolve. It was suggested by the desk staff that this was caused by stores' security but we were never quite convinced by this.
Front desk staff were generally very helpful. We would single out Milo who was very helpful to us even printing out our boarding cards when the printer downstairs was out of action. At check out, another very efficient and friendly colleague (didn't catch his name) helped us store our baggage until we needed to leave for our flight, enabling us to have a last short trip into the city.
All in all we would definitely stay here again as it was good value, very close to the subway, and had reasonable view of Manhattan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York