The hotel was very nice and up-to-date. The first room we stayed in had a very annoying noise coming from the ceiling. When we mentioned it to the front desk, they sent someone right away to check on it. When they couldn't find a solution for the noise, they immediately got us another room.The staff were also very friendly and helpful when it came to airport rides, general information and fixing the internet server.
As for the room, the single queen was pretty small but I didn't mind for we spent most of the day in the city. The washrooms were nice and clean and the bed was decently comfy. The only thing we wish we had was a fridge so we could store our water and left over food. Not sure if all the rooms don't have a fridge, but they all should in my opinion!
Other than that, a pretty good experience with this hotel. My boyfriend and I chose this hotel because it was very close to the 39th Av subway station on the N/Q line. It was a nice short walk, and only a couple stops away from Manhattan! Very convenient for exploring the city :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York