I stayed at this Holiday Inn in April for my cousin's wedding. I was there for a total of 6 days. If you're looking for a great place to stay and close to the city without breaking the bank....then this is it! The front desk staff at this hotel was awesome! (except for one young lady, I can't remember her name) Every other staff person we encountered were all extremely friendly.
Front desk staff answered numerous questions from me, as this was my first time in New York City, with complete patience and knowledge. They never steered us wrong. They also arranged cars for us twice. Once to get to our play downtown and once to get to the airport. Both private cars that picked us up were reasonably priced at only $25 each way. I think a bargain for New York. Both drivers were professional and friendly and got us to our destinations quickly.
The 39th street subway stop is 1 block away and very easy to hop on either the Q, N or R lines. Located only 5 stops from Central Park, and 6 or 7 stops from Times Square. The subway was very easy to navigate and actually a lot of fun!
Our room was located on the 15th floor, we had a HUGE room. All our family that saw our room wondered how we got such a big one. The view from our room was excellent! Yes, this hotel is located in an industrial area but how much time do you really spend at your hotel when in New York? The room was very clean. The bathroom was quite large. Housekeeping was excellent.
They do have a restaurant located on property. We had breakfast coupons included in our price so we had the breakfast buffet everyday. The main lady who runs the breakfast area was awesome! She worked so hard, but it did appear that they were short staffed. I felt bad for her as we had a large crowd staying there for the wedding. The food was good and they constantly refreshed all buffet items.
We also had dinner there 2 evenings. The servers were excellent and very professional! It was quite busy each time we were there and the food was just OK. I'm a big foodie and cook most everything from scratch. I got the raviolis and could tell they were frozen. That was disappointing. Also, got the Chicken Marsala with veggies and baked potato. The Chicken Marsala was good.
One thing I do think they could improve on is the business center. I appreciate the fact that they had one but the location of it was a little bothersome. It is located directly underneath a glass staircase and just across from the restaurant. I had to order and print our tickets for the 9/11 memorial. I had to type in my credit card number to pay and had to cover the screen with my hand to prevent anyone who could have been standing behind me from seeing my credit card number which was clearly displayed on the screen while I was typing it in.
My mom and I felt very safe in the neighborhood. They also have a little convenient store just across the street for any items you may have forgotten or snacks for your room.They also have a great little bar/restaurant just across the street which serves locally brewed beers, a giant plus for me! The food at that bar was great.
Overall: I would stay here at this Holiday Inn again and would totally recommend it to anyone who wants to visit New York and still have money to spend on other things. I wish I could have given 4 1/2 stars.The only reason I give it 4 stars and not 5.....the business center location and the good but not great food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York