Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
$150
$209
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$175
  • Restaurant
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Hotel
$149
FourPoints.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$100
$149
$138
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$233
$186
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
  • Fitness center
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$235
$225
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmanhattan viewbrazilian restaurantnew yorktimes squaresubway stationhotel restaurantfront desk staffhigh floorshort blocksconvenience storefloor roomla guardiafelt safevisiting nycbagelsdelistops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed at this L.I.City hotel twice recently and we're very glad we did.
The hotel was recommended to us by my brother, who stays there regularly when visiting on business.
The location is very convenient, about 300m from a direct rail connection to Manhattan. The area is a little run down in places but has a lot of construction and is most definitely 'up and coming'. We felt perfectly safe at all times in the area.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Our room had excellent views of part of Manhattan. The breakfast buffet is great and good value.
However the real bonus is the staff, who are very helpful and polite.
Overall a great place to stay and a much better option to the worn-out over-priced Manhattan hotels!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JRaphaelF
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! I guess twice is nice! Please thank your brother for the referral as well. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the staff you encountered were polite. Overall, this is a great place to stay but its our guests that make it "A Great Choice". We hope to see you next time your in town and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I just got back from attending a wedding in Astoria, New York. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Long Island City because of it's proximity to the festivities but also because of the many reviews on how convenient it was to travel into Manhatten. As always, tripadvisor reviews were right on target.
Staff: The staff at this hotel were courteous and always helpful with any of our requests.
Rooms: The rooms were clean, a good size for the both of us and we also had a great view of Manhatten from our room.
Convenient Location to Manhatten: The public transit was a short walk down the street from the hotel and like the other reviews noted, you could be in Times Square in about 10 minutes!
Public Transit: Easy to navigate and get around. We even took it to the airport from the Hotel and on a weekday morning we were there in about 30 minutes as the Hotel is also close to Laguardia Airport.
The only small drawback, you need to walk a bit (15 - 20 minutes) to get to shops and restaurants in the area, but we enjoyed that as the weather was mild while we were visiting.
Overall, this hotel was a great value, especially since you would have to pay much more for a hotel like this directly in Manhatten
Thanks - if we have an opportunity to go back to New York City, we will definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again!
M & J

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Margie G

Dear M & J,

Thank you for visiting our lovely city and staying at our property. I was impressed to hear you ventured into Astoria. Guests need to know that Queens has great places to visit. I appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear the Team were responsive and friendly. Rooms were clean and of good size. You cannot beat the convenience and value. Till the next time you stay with us, keep checking Trip Advisor, as I do, to get travel tips.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View on a Friday night in December 2013. Everything about our stay was wonderful!

The front desk staff was friendly, professional and expedient, getting us checked in quickly. The hotel looks new and modern, clean and quiet. We had a city-view room with a king bed; it was very spacious with wall-to-wall windows and a balcony. The bathroom was reasonably sized with a very nice shower. The room and bathroom were spotless! Bed was very comfortable, though there were only two pillows (good quality pillows, but not enough of them). I called housekeeping for more pillows and they were brought up to the room immediately.

We requested a taxi to get in to our concert in the city, and they apparently use a car service instead. It was a $30 flat rate to take us, which ended up being a bargain since we sat in traffic for so long. A cab ride would have cost us double that at least! Our two rides with the car service were great; new, clean car and friendly drivers.

I'd like to especially mention Vanina at the front desk. She was extremely helpful and friendly, and paid special attention to my eight-year old daughter. People that are good to my kids are most appreciated. Thank you, Vanina!

The neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired, but we weren't there to walk around. We just needed a clean, comfortable place to stay for our overnight event in NYC and this more than fit the bill. We would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K M
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear KM,

Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and services. We are delighted you found the property suited for your needs. I'm extremely proud of the our Associates. The very fabric that makes the Holiday Inn hotel the best in Long Island City. Good options at a good value is where you can find us. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the respective departments. Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to many more visits.

Most Appreciatively,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Apologies for the late review -
We didn't stay at the Holiday Inn but we chose to eat at the restaurant located within the hotel. The meal was beautiful although we didn't have the barbecue, my husband had the rib eye which was perfectly cooked and I had the shrimp scampi but this was more like tiger prawns, it was just delicious, and the service was outstanding to match. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Visited November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie L
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Never too late to give us your feedback! On behalf of Rio Grande and The Holiday Inn Manhattan View, we would like to thank you for your critique and I will be sure to forward your kind comments. We look forward to you coming back in the new year and thank you for visiting us!

Happy New Year

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Holiday Inn is becoming my hotel of choice at LIC for business travel. There are a number of hotels in the area, and HI has so far stood out as an excellent choice. Convenient location (2 train stops from Manhattan), excellent value, pleasant and comfortable rooms. It is not a luxury hotel, so don't try to compare it to such. It is a great hotel on a budget. Recommend for both business travelers and families alike.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dmitriy K
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Dmitriy,

"Another Satisfied Customer"! Thank your for recent review and details about our Property. Consistency wins the race and our team prove this day in and day out at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View. With a lot of choices in our area now its equally important that we continue to exceed our guest expectations. Your correct, if your looking for 5 star service on a 3 star budget don't hesitate to stay with us!

We look forward to your next visit and again we want to wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday season and happy New Year!

Your new home away from home!