“Unbelievable view!”

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
“Unbelievable view!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A good choice : Beautiful Manhattan view, very helpful staff, clean, 5 minutes walking from the subway (direct line to Central Park and Times Square). After spending your time visiting this amazing city, you come back home and enjoy the view from the balcony. Fall asleep and wake up with the Skyline. Manhattan with you 24 hours.
Next time we come back will be here! Thank you very much!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time and details of your review. Unbelievable!! There's nothing more to stay.

Thank you and we look forward to your future visits....The NYC skyline will be waiting......

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm here for 10+ days & staying in a suite with a large balcony & beautiful view.

What would take this hotel from ok to excellent are the simple things a hotel can do to make you feel valued- especially when you are dropping close to $4000.

An example today is that I had surgery, so I ordered food to the room. The room service menu is limited & I'm here for a long period, so today my food came from delivery by an outside restaurant. They didn't bring plates.

So, my husband went down & asked for a plate. The hotel restaurant manager was standing next to a stack of 60+ plates & refused to give him one unless he ordered from the hotel restaurant...again.

So, I called the front desk who said the restaurant/bar is independent although in the lobby, but shed try to get us one. She called back & said that she was unable to secured a plate.

Although it is not directly her fault. You'd think that the hotel would have a good enough rapport with the restaurant In their lobby that services all their guests, both there and through room service, that they could say they have a long term valued guest & need a plate.
This was just pathetic.

One day we returned to hotel in high wind to see that the construction site adjacent was literally snowing fiberglass (that was not properly secured and had obviously broke loose) on the whole block & into the hotel lobby as the door opened. I mentioned I didn't want to breathe it & had they called it in, and the front desk person said that it happens all the time & she had no clue it could be reported- total disconnect...

There was a brand new bar/restaurant that had just opened (3 days ago) directly across the street from the front door of the hotel. We called down to find out the name as we wanted to find out about their hours & menu. No one at the front desk knew their name or phone number. i know its new, but Understand this is an up and coming area so in close vicinity to the hotel, there's not a huge amount of semi upscale options. So again, you'd think they would've developed a rapport as it benefits the hotel to have a great little place in walking distance to refer guests to... And if nothing else to be knowledgeable on what's in the area...

Although the maids were very nice, and the view was pretty, and it was clean, things like the above examples that offer convenience to a long term guest, render the overall stay mediocre, and are the small things (that are so easy to do) that make the difference whether I'd stay here on my next long term visit.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to have had you as our guest! I want to apologize and I will personally look into another system to provide guests with another option when requesting restaurant items. The hotel and restaurant operator do work together again I will look further into this. The establishment across the street literally just opened and a grand opening is scheduled in the near future. The establishment has not approached the hotel with any information, sadly, therefore not having experienced the place nor my staff, please forgive us for not offering any information we just haven't made it there yet.
The construction site near us was in fact disciplined for not properly covering their worksite and our property was affected as well as the surrounding area for a few days but again this doesn't happen all the time.
I really want to thank you for the detailed review and assure you that these concerns will be addressed. As you stated "....things like the above examples that offer convenience to a long term guest, render the overall stay mediocre, and are the small things (that are so easy to do) that make the difference whether I'd stay here on my next long term visit." You have our attention and look forward to your next visit!

Appreciatively,
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in New York City for a 6 night/day visit to take in the sights and needed a base that wasn't going to eat up the majority of my budget for the trip. This hotel proved to be a hidden gem. The room itself was generous in size and i had a view of Manhattan from the window and balcony. When this is your first visit to the city, you get in late and your first proper view of the city is the famed Manhattan skyline? Breathtaking.
The staff were all courteous and very helpful when I was looking for a local bar that would be showing that nights UFC card. They didn't know offhand but very quickly were able to find out and let me know before I headed out.
One of the major benefits of this hotel is its proximity to the 39th Avenue Subway station which is a mere 2 blocks from the hotel. The N&Q lines run through this station which takes you directly into Manhattan in 10-15 minutes.
All in all this proved to be the perfect hotel to function as a base to take in all that NYC has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Manhattan view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Juan F
Dear Juan,

Thank you for your time and recent review of our property! Thanks for making a reference to the subway; Our guests are often wanting to know how close it really is! The hotel is surely a hub to all major attractions and this is the hidden part of it! Next time your here try Klutch in Astoria where UFC Fights are the bigger than Sunday Football. We hope to see you on the next visit!

Kindest Regards,
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Right around the corner from the subway that goes into manhattan every five mins or so..
Fab clean rooms with free wifi and a manhattan view to one side.
Lovely little area without the manhattan price tag..would defo recommend

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Amy E
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Amy,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations to our viewers! We certainly appreciate your business and delighted you found the comfort, convenience and value in Long Island City. Till the next time you come across to us we wish you a wonderful rest of the year.

Warmest Regards,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Room was perfect. Stayed for four days and loved it. Helpful staff and great views. Two minutes to subway and two stops from Manhatten on N or Q. $20.00 cab from Times Square after shows. Cab or car service from hotel in minutes. LIC Deli across the street open from 6 to 10 with good food options. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LMM49
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the short and sweet version of your feedback. The big three VALUE, VIEWS and LOCATION what more can be said.

Till the next we hope see you..

Travel Safely...
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The location is awesome, a little hidden jewel and just a short stop outside of Manhattan. Area is really nice and quiet as well. Subway to Queensplaza or 39th st N trains are a very short distance away. Great little Market next door at the LIC deli to get a breakfast sandwich or a Bagel. Few things that could of been better, I made a comment to the gentleman at the check in late at night that our TV did not work. Expecting to the fixed the next day, his note did not get followed through (I ended up fixing the TV). Second, we were bombarded by a not so nice lady (I think she was the head of the cleaning/maintenance) that we needed to leave. I was not aware check out was 11am, even through the booklet in the room says 12pm. I didn't appreciate the attitude. Over all though in the grand scheme of things, this is a great hotel, and I'll continue to stay here. Cleaning staff is very friendly and have done a great job each time I stay here. As the old saying goes "we can always do better".

Room Tip: try to get a room w/out an ice maker near by
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nelen2
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback! I want to apologize for the TV this request was not followed up upon and will be addressed internally. Check out time is published at 11am so if your directory stated otherwise again we apologize for rushing you. We accept your challenge! We will do better and next time you stay with us please contact me directly and I will guarantee a perfect stay or you will not pay for that part of it!

We value your feedback...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room that I saw on Kayak and the one that we ended up getting were completely different. The refrigerator did not work and it was a non-smoking room that had an intense smell of smoke. The pool was closed unexpectedly as well . I ended up talking to a manager and they corrected the situation.

We ended up getting a much bigger room, with a king size bed, a patio, a view of Manhattan that was beautiful and really helped to make the vacation a whole lot better.

The maids were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel special as guests.

Elizabeth, that worked at the Holiday Inn went above and beyond for us. For this reason alone, I'd recommend this Holiday Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming back to our property! I apologize for the pool closure however this has been published since January. If you found the listing somewhere please send us the information as did cover this last year. I hope you received some information on the Aquatic Clubs in the area which we offer complimentary passes to?

I will certainly pass your lovely comments over to Elizabeth who does ensure our guests feel at home and assists with every question or concern gracefully!' Our Room Attendants as well who are not shy and engage with our guests. I will let them know!

We would like to thank you again for staying with us again and next time be sure to ask for the Loyalty Bonus on the 3rd Stay. I guess you will have to wait and see.....

From all of us, Travel Safely and see you again soon!

Warmest Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 31 in Long Island City
Hotel Edison Times Square
#310 of 468 in New York City
Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Sid...
#206 of 468 in New York City
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhat...
#194 of 468 in New York City

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!