“Fantastic base to explore the city”

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic base to explore the city”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in New York City for a 6 night/day visit to take in the sights and needed a base that wasn't going to eat up the majority of my budget for the trip. This hotel proved to be a hidden gem. The room itself was generous in size and i had a view of Manhattan from the window and balcony. When this is your first visit to the city, you get in late and your first proper view of the city is the famed Manhattan skyline? Breathtaking.
The staff were all courteous and very helpful when I was looking for a local bar that would be showing that nights UFC card. They didn't know offhand but very quickly were able to find out and let me know before I headed out.
One of the major benefits of this hotel is its proximity to the 39th Avenue Subway station which is a mere 2 blocks from the hotel. The N&Q lines run through this station which takes you directly into Manhattan in 10-15 minutes.
All in all this proved to be the perfect hotel to function as a base to take in all that NYC has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Manhattan view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Juan F
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Juan,

Thank you for your time and recent review of our property! Thanks for making a reference to the subway; Our guests are often wanting to know how close it really is! The hotel is surely a hub to all major attractions and this is the hidden part of it! Next time your here try Klutch in Astoria where UFC Fights are the bigger than Sunday Football. We hope to see you on the next visit!

Kindest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Right around the corner from the subway that goes into manhattan every five mins or so..
Fab clean rooms with free wifi and a manhattan view to one side.
Lovely little area without the manhattan price tag..would defo recommend

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Amy E
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Amy,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations to our viewers! We certainly appreciate your business and delighted you found the comfort, convenience and value in Long Island City. Till the next time you come across to us we wish you a wonderful rest of the year.

Warmest Regards,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Room was perfect. Stayed for four days and loved it. Helpful staff and great views. Two minutes to subway and two stops from Manhatten on N or Q. $20.00 cab from Times Square after shows. Cab or car service from hotel in minutes. LIC Deli across the street open from 6 to 10 with good food options. Enjoy!

3 Thank LMM49
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the short and sweet version of your feedback. The big three VALUE, VIEWS and LOCATION what more can be said.

Till the next we hope see you..

Travel Safely...
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The location is awesome, a little hidden jewel and just a short stop outside of Manhattan. Area is really nice and quiet as well. Subway to Queensplaza or 39th st N trains are a very short distance away. Great little Market next door at the LIC deli to get a breakfast sandwich or a Bagel. Few things that could of been better, I made a comment to the gentleman at the check in late at night that our TV did not work. Expecting to the fixed the next day, his note did not get followed through (I ended up fixing the TV). Second, we were bombarded by a not so nice lady (I think she was the head of the cleaning/maintenance) that we needed to leave. I was not aware check out was 11am, even through the booklet in the room says 12pm. I didn't appreciate the attitude. Over all though in the grand scheme of things, this is a great hotel, and I'll continue to stay here. Cleaning staff is very friendly and have done a great job each time I stay here. As the old saying goes "we can always do better".

Room Tip: try to get a room w/out an ice maker near by
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nelen2
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback! I want to apologize for the TV this request was not followed up upon and will be addressed internally. Check out time is published at 11am so if your directory stated otherwise again we apologize for rushing you. We accept your challenge! We will do better and next time you stay with us please contact me directly and I will guarantee a perfect stay or you will not pay for that part of it!

We value your feedback...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room that I saw on Kayak and the one that we ended up getting were completely different. The refrigerator did not work and it was a non-smoking room that had an intense smell of smoke. The pool was closed unexpectedly as well . I ended up talking to a manager and they corrected the situation.

We ended up getting a much bigger room, with a king size bed, a patio, a view of Manhattan that was beautiful and really helped to make the vacation a whole lot better.

The maids were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel special as guests.

Elizabeth, that worked at the Holiday Inn went above and beyond for us. For this reason alone, I'd recommend this Holiday Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming back to our property! I apologize for the pool closure however this has been published since January. If you found the listing somewhere please send us the information as did cover this last year. I hope you received some information on the Aquatic Clubs in the area which we offer complimentary passes to?

I will certainly pass your lovely comments over to Elizabeth who does ensure our guests feel at home and assists with every question or concern gracefully!' Our Room Attendants as well who are not shy and engage with our guests. I will let them know!

We would like to thank you again for staying with us again and next time be sure to ask for the Loyalty Bonus on the 3rd Stay. I guess you will have to wait and see.....

From all of us, Travel Safely and see you again soon!

Warmest Regards,
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice and clean rooms. The stuff was very nice and you have a nice view to manhattan. Our room was VERY small (I know NYC has small rooms in general, but I know, that there exist bigger ones). But that was ok for us, because we were there for just one night. Breakfast can be taken there but is definately not necessary. The price for such a close hotel to Manhattan is worth and cheap. So thumbs up, even if I wished to get a little bigger room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tommy2W
Dear Tommy,

Thank you for your recent review. I know we have rooms that are smaller in size but they have fantastic views which makes up for the space. Next time you stay with us we will certainly find something more suitable. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest and being very close to Manhattan is a thumbs up because you don't have to pay Manhattan Prices.

Travel Safely and again thank you!
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the HI Long Island City for 5 nights to celebrate my partners birthday in New York. The whole experience staying at the hotel was first class, great service, great people and great ambassadors for IHG. We were fortunate to be given an upgrade to a suite with amazing views over the city. The rooms were immaculately cleaned every day, light, bright and airy. The Brazilian BBQ buffet in the evenings was great value and would recommend a nice bottle of Malbec to wash it down. The hotel is very close to the subway station making it very convenient to commute in and out of Manhattan. If we ever return to NYC then without a doubt stay their again. Well done to all the hotel team!

1 Thank David H
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for being such a great guest! I cannot wait to share this my team. The expression "Hidden Gem" doesn't get old with us. I'm delighted that you and your partner had a memorable experience! Rio Grande Restaurant is the great place for value and fare. We cannot be happier that you found our property.....

Travel Safely..........
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 32 in Long Island City
Hotel Edison Times Square
#311 of 466 in New York City
Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Sid...
#213 of 466 in New York City
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhat...
#194 of 466 in New York City

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!