I was in New York City for a 6 night/day visit to take in the sights and needed a base that wasn't going to eat up the majority of my budget for the trip. This hotel proved to be a hidden gem. The room itself was generous in size and i had a view of Manhattan from the window and balcony. When this is your first visit to the city, you get in late and your first proper view of the city is the famed Manhattan skyline? Breathtaking.
The staff were all courteous and very helpful when I was looking for a local bar that would be showing that nights UFC card. They didn't know offhand but very quickly were able to find out and let me know before I headed out.
One of the major benefits of this hotel is its proximity to the 39th Avenue Subway station which is a mere 2 blocks from the hotel. The N&Q lines run through this station which takes you directly into Manhattan in 10-15 minutes.
All in all this proved to be the perfect hotel to function as a base to take in all that NYC has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York