We stayed at this Hotel upon recommendation of a friend and we were not dissapointed in the slightest, the only issue was that our Yellow Cab Driver from JFK did not know where it was but headed in the general direction and located it.
The Staff at the Hotel were welcoming and treated us from the off as though we were friends who had returned, eager to explain what was going on both in the Hotel and in the surrounding area including the best place to get breakfast (Blueberry Pancakes with a side of bacon and limitless Coffee).
The room was adequate for our needs and had a partial view from our 7th floor window over Manhattan, we had asked about upgrade to a Manhattan view on a High Floor with a balcony but unfortunately it was not to be.
Subway at nearby (two blocks) 39th & Bebe gave excellent access to all the areas of Manhattan and beyond (Coney Island) for $2.75 for a single trip or $2.50 if you buy a multi trip Metrocard, but don't ask the guy sitting in the booth at the station as he was most unhelpful.
Overall a great experience and we did not feel at all unsafe in the neighbourhood even when travelling back late at night/early in the morning.
Only one tiny negative was the darkness/blandness of the Restaurant which was used for both Breakfast and a BarBQ Restaurant in the Evening, however the breakfast (Not Buffet) was very good with Pancakes freshly cooked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York