We stayed at the Holiday Inn in April this year whilst in New York.
We saved a substantial sum by not staying in Manhattan. The subway is 2 blocks away from the Hotel. If you do not mind the $2.50 fee to travel into Manhattan daily, best choice you will make.
We found the rooms very modern, clean and spacious. The rooms were cleaned daily and the Wi-Fi ensures that you can stay in touch with the world. We made our booking on the internet and found the entire check in process seamless and quick.
On our departue, the Hotel arranged a cab for us. No need to book as they are located 'next door'. For the princely sum of $40, we were transported back to JFK for our connecting flight. The cabs charge a flat rate which is wonderful. We paid lot more to get to the Hotel, but the cab driver was not sure how to get there.
I would highly recommed this Hotel if you are staying in New York. We got back very late almost every night. whilst the area is quiet, it is not seedy and we never felt anxious or unsafe.
Wonderful, clean warm Hotel for your stay in New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York