Hotel rates in Manhattan can be astronomical. This hotel is much less than many in Manhattan and offers a fantasist city view of Manhattan in some rooms. This is a great feature, but not one that would perhaps make me feel extremely compelled to return as a guest. It is the people there.
Rambo is this little gal with a mighty big personality that is amazing at her job. We showed up and my buddy had screwed up our reservation. Rambo was concerned and with a full house she booked us into a hotel right across the street with our last two nights back here. We were given a beautiful room with a huge balcony, mini-fridge and keurig.
There is more to this story of a wonderful staff-Richard was fantastic too! Luis as well. I have long been a fan of Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza beds; the feeling of NOT taking a chance on what kind of hotel I am getting, but I have to reiterate the staff here is fabulous.
The bar is small-that's alright, it never seemed too crowded. Nagine and Janette make great drinks (may I suggest a long Island Iced tea?). The hotel is a short block and half walk to the subway platform on a raised rail. Take the N train into Manhattan and you can get anywhere from stations such as Lexington Ave or Grand Central. Get a map and help from staff in the booths. 30 bucks buys you an unlimited 7 day pass.
We had breakfast twice at a little place right on the corner by the subway stairs called Zante. This place is nothing fancy, but the breakfasts and coffee are very good, and the portions are good.
Once again a huge shout out to Rambo and Louis. Rambo, you saved our trip.
The only con I witnessed besides the Brazilian Steakhouse on premises was the hallway carpets are a little faded. Not bad, but enough for a stickler like myself to notice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York