After our plane landed at LaGuardia airport my wife and I each bought a 7 day unlimited ride Metro Card ($30 + $1 fee). We rode the M60 bus to the Astoria/Ditmars Blvd. stop and took the N train to 39th Ave. The hotel is only 2 short blocks away from this stop.
We stayed for 4 nights (4/25-4/29) at the Holiday Inn - Long Island City. Upon arrival at 1:00 PM we were greeted by Richard and Rambo. They were both very friendly and helpful. Richard checked us into our room (#203) early. I booked our room through my US Airways dividend miles account and got a great rate, I imagine that is why we were in a second floor room and not one with a view of Manhattan. Our room was clean and the Queen bed was comfortable. The room also had a coffee maker, refrigerator, iron, hair dryer and free HBO channels on the TV. Our room did not have a safe, but there were safety deposit boxes available at the front desk.
We ate dinner at the hotel one evening at the Rio Grande Churrascaria Steak House. The buffet was very good and worth the price. The service was great and the employees were all very nice.
The free Wi-Fi internet access worked fine in our room. I also used the computer and printer in the business center to print our boarding passes.
The hotel is located only 2 subway stops from Manhattan. We felt safe walking back to the hotel each night from the train station.
We will recommend this hotel to our friends and family. We will be staying there in the future, hopefully in a room on a higher floor with a nice view.
Thank you to Rambo, Richard, the housekeeping staff, and management for making our first trip to New York City a wonderful and unforgettable experience.
Jeff and Diane
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York