I recently stayed in the Holiday Inn Manhattan View whilst taking part in a conference in New York. The reason why I didn't leave a 5 star review is due to the internet connection. In the lobby the internet worked okay, but I was staying on the 4th floor, where the WiFi was extremely slow and unreliable. On the first day of my stay it was fine, but for the remainder it was slow and you couldn't have more than one tab open at a time, which made doing work from the hotel room difficult. At one point, the page wouldn't load at all and I kept having to refresh it. It was very frustrating.
Aside from this, everything else was excellent. The location was perfect; Getting to the centre is a short subway ride away, and the subway itself is a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Straight across the road from the hotel is a wonderful deli/shop, and a 3 minute walk away (next to the subway station) is a Greek-run diner, so you won't be stuck for services if you don't want to eat in the hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel myself, so can't comment on the food. However, the bar is perfect for a quiet drink in the evening.
The staff were all lovely and so friendly, I can't compliment them enough. The room was a good size for New York, and had the usual facilities...a television, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, mini toiletries, air conditioning. It was very comfortable.
To sum up, I would return, however, I'd hope the WiFi connection is improved by then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York