“Replace the furniture and I'd rate it a 4.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Replace the furniture and I'd rate it a 4.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Decent Holiday Inn with great views and great staff... but furniture badly in need of replacement, and windows in need of cleaning. Looks like renovations were done, but they chose to keep old furniture which is chipped, scratched, etc. Also, when the wind blew it whistled through the sliding door. Kept me awake for a while... still, loved the location and the view. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the your recent stay. I apologize in advance for the condition of the furniture but I assure you our maintenance program is currently in process. I will also investigate the whistle that you heard through the sliding door. This property, when windy has no cover as we are the tallest building in the surrounding area. We appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you back in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City-Manhattan View.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Polish first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just arrived home from a brilliant week in New York, which was made so good in part by our stay at this great hotel. On our arrival after a long journey we were greeted by very helpful and lovely staff, who informed us that our special requests had been observed, so we ended up with a room wth two queen beds, on a high floor, which gave us a great view of the Manhattan skyline. Our room also had a fridge, at no extra charge and we were able to use a safe box in reception for no extra charge too, both big bonuses. We were also able to use the printer in the business centre to print out our return boarding passes, once again for no extra charge. Each time we asked for assistance at reception all of the staff, as we met a fair number in a week, were all excellent. The hotel is also very close to the subway, has a number of convenience stores close to it and also a few eaterers are in the close vacinity. In particular we would recommend Napoli restaurant on 35th Street, which we ate at from the second night of our holiday. It serves excellent food at really good prices and we were made very welcome. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely return to it ourselves. Well done everyone at the hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Manhattan View for your stay in NYC! It sounded as if you were able to see and do most of the things you wanted to and you were not in the city center. The location is convenient and accessible to any parts of NYC. We're delighted that you found the hotel staff t be resourceful and helpful during your stay. We can really make our guests feel comfortable and offer great local options. We hope to see you on your next visit and thank you for the recommendation to the travel world.

Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have just returned home to Ireland after my Husband and I spent five days in New York. We stayed in The Holiday Inn, Manhattan View,Long Island City, New York. We arrived very late at night due to flight delays, and were made feel very welcome by the duty manager Louis in spite of the late hour .Throughout our trip the hotel became our home from home, due to the attention given to us by the staff, especially, Elizabeth, Rambo, Melissa and the Brazilian lady in the bar whose name escapes me at present. We would recommend trying the Brazilian restaurant at least one evening of your trip. The hotel is situated only one hundered metres from the Subway station , which is only two stops from mid town Manhattan. Just one word of caution, I thought all local calls were free but on checking out found that just applies to calls made to the immediate area and had to pay for calls which I made to mid town Manhattan . This cost approx five dollars for a call to a destination which is only two subway stops away. Otherwise , we had great time at the hotel, and hope to revisit. Well done all. Mary t Quirke-Carroll.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Mary,

Whilst another Paddy's day in NYC, you survived the grand events and graciously gave us your valuable time to give us your kind feedback! We're all delighted to have had the opportunity to have you as our guest and even more elated to know the Associates looked after you. As you mentioned, the real value is the proximity to Manhattan and ease of accessibility to the train stop from the hotel.

Glad to hear you experienced the Restaurant and found the Staff most inviting. I will research your phone calls because Local Calls are complimentary? I will get back to you shortly. Overall, if you find yourself over the pond for any reason looking down the road, we would certainly have a place here waiting for you! Thank you again for your time and I will be sure to send your regards to the Staff.

Most Sincerely,
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very impressed with how easy the hotel was to get to. The subway stop is 1.5 blocks away so getting around the city is easy. Parking at the hotel is tricky. It looks like they are building a new tower where the parking lot was. There are two other lots near the hotel that offer parking for $9 per day.

The hotel room was very clean and comfortable. I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for your feedback and especially the about the parking options! Yes parking is limited however there are alternative sources near the property. we appreciate commenting on the ease of commuting and cleanliness. Our Team are committed to ensuring your stay is comfortable and we're delighted to have had you as our guest. We appreciate your time and look forward to a future visit. Safe travels and thank you again for your contribution.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our stay was great! Room was wonderful, amazing view of Manhattan! Truly gorgeous view - room was windows from floor to ceiling...
The front desk guy-Luis was friendly, professional, and very welcoming and helpful. great service! Overall, great experience for a fun night ! 5 stars!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and comments concerning your recent stay. On behalf of the entire Hotel Staff, Thank you! This review transcends our expectations and we continue to make all of our guests experience as impressive as the next! Our team is ready for the challenge and look forward to making an impression again in the future. Thank you for staying with us!

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nice to have a consistent staff that cares. HI the view is undefeated in service. Not b/c everything is perfect, but b/c they fix. Rambo, elez, daisy, Luis, are great front desk and welcoming. Neide and Jeanette are super at the lounge. Merlisa, not so good. she makes 5 a 4 in stars. Summer Rambo is the best. The housekeeping staff is good and funny and nice. third shift guys are friendly and helpful. exercise room is great once you get the hang.

Oh, breakfast is worth the wake up. Buffet is ok and quick, Vannan and her co-hort? and the staff are great. they remember my coffee needs and juggle guest seamlessly.

I've stayed in many hotels and when I come to NYC, I'll pick this one.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with #6-9 on the end. away from elevator and ice machine. Duh
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your time and value your feedback! Our Staff really care about our guests and that shows when different areas of the hotel can impact your experience. We're delighted to hear how you enjoyed your time with us and I will certainly ensure the comedians, the mentioned staff and their respected team members including Management are forwarded your kind words. I look forward to your next long term stay and thank you for picking this hotel!

Sincerely Your Choice Hotel in NYC,
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We bid on the room last minute to go visit people in Astoria. We stayed for two nights. The location was perfect for us. We wanted to enjoy the cafes in Astoria, and also spend time in Manhattan. Being a Priority club member really paid off: we were upgraded to a corner room on the twelfth floor with a balcony, given free water and a late checkout. The view was literally 180 degrees and included two bridges, the Empire State building and the Chrysler building. The subway stop was a short walk away and we were 3 stops from where we wanted to be in either direction. There is no nightlife around the hotel whatsoever. The bar in the hotel had zero atmosphere. We didn't try the restaurant, but there are wonderful places to eat in Astoria about a mile away. I would definitely stay again. The lobby is very small, so if you are traveling with a crowd, not much room to congregate. The staff was awesome. A parked on the street, but make sure you feed the meter by 9 a m. Great weekend.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank mrs b
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Mrs. B,

We appreciate your feedback and your previous time spent with us! The Team here wants to thank you for staying with us! Now that you have the footprint of the this area you correct that Long Island City has a lot to offer. Traveling in and out of the city center is easy with no transferring which is why we are are great location. Next time try the Rodizio Style fare in the Restaurant which strikes a great value for $20 all you can eat buffet as well. Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and thank you for falling in love with our views!

Travel Safely,

Appreciatively,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#3 of 28 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 408 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 28 in Long Island City
3.0 of 5 stars 1,591 reviews
Boro Hotel
#2 of 28 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 294 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#4 of 28 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 438 reviews
The Paper Factory Hotel
#12 of 28 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 464 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!