I have just returned home to Ireland after my Husband and I spent five days in New York. We stayed in The Holiday Inn, Manhattan View,Long Island City, New York. We arrived very late at night due to flight delays, and were made feel very welcome by the duty manager Louis in spite of the late hour .Throughout our trip the hotel became our home from home, due to the attention given to us by the staff, especially, Elizabeth, Rambo, Melissa and the Brazilian lady in the bar whose name escapes me at present. We would recommend trying the Brazilian restaurant at least one evening of your trip. The hotel is situated only one hundered metres from the Subway station , which is only two stops from mid town Manhattan. Just one word of caution, I thought all local calls were free but on checking out found that just applies to calls made to the immediate area and had to pay for calls which I made to mid town Manhattan . This cost approx five dollars for a call to a destination which is only two subway stops away. Otherwise , we had great time at the hotel, and hope to revisit. Well done all. Mary t Quirke-Carroll.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York