We bid on the room last minute to go visit people in Astoria. We stayed for two nights. The location was perfect for us. We wanted to enjoy the cafes in Astoria, and also spend time in Manhattan. Being a Priority club member really paid off: we were upgraded to a corner room on the twelfth floor with a balcony, given free water and a late checkout. The view was literally 180 degrees and included two bridges, the Empire State building and the Chrysler building. The subway stop was a short walk away and we were 3 stops from where we wanted to be in either direction. There is no nightlife around the hotel whatsoever. The bar in the hotel had zero atmosphere. We didn't try the restaurant, but there are wonderful places to eat in Astoria about a mile away. I would definitely stay again. The lobby is very small, so if you are traveling with a crowd, not much room to congregate. The staff was awesome. A parked on the street, but make sure you feed the meter by 9 a m. Great weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York