Long Island City near train stations.
Small convenience store across the street.
Getting to Hotel from Airport:
Pre-booked Carmel car from Newark airport took 50 mins (at 10pm).
Fast and smooth.
Offered a package of cookies and water at check-in.
Smelled very clean
Large and comfortable.
Did not use.
Good working height but drawer hits knees.
Two power sockets in desk lamp.
Adjustable and comfortable for work.
Tea and Coffee in room:
Complimentary Drinking Water:
Bottle offered at check-in.
Turn Down Service:
Closet, Drawer and Cabinet Space:
Medium sized closet with hanging area.
Drawer space below TV cabinets.
Phone on desk.
No phone in bathroom.
Two lounge chairs.
Medium sized LCD on cabinet.
Many channels including HBO.
Sliding glass doors leading to balcony.
Curtains effective at blocking sunlight.
View from Room:
LaGuardia airport in the distance.
Shower unit (door doesn’t close exactly so watch for water leakage).
Very good lighting.
Water pressure strong.
Hot water in mornings. Not hot in evenings.
No heated mirror.
Shaver outlet for US style plugs.
Heated bathroom floor: No.
Morning Newspaper at Door:
Complimentary US Today in the lobby.
Did not use.
Closed for renovation.
Noise Level in Room:
Internet in Room:
Included in room rate.
King size bed.
Very comfortable and firm.
Some sloppiness in cleaning.
Alarm Clock and Wakeup:
Wake up calls requested from reception were always on time.
Did not use.
Reasonably priced a la carte or small buffet.
Good prices (especially with coupon).
Staff was excellent.
Did not use.
Getting from Hotel to Airport:
60 minutes (at 2pm) to Newark airport by pre-arranged Carmel car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York