Just after Thanksgiving last year, our apartment had to undergo emergency repairs. We were to be out a total of three weeks, but we did not know it then. We got to this hotel after week 1. By then our nerves were still frazzled, the kids were a bit undone by the new routine (and upset by our previous accomodations) and I was just anxious about a million things. Then the insurance company offered us the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. Finally, heaven was smiling! This is such a gem of a hotel. It is modern on the outside, yet the rooms have touch of warmth and very spacious. I believe most every room has a view of Manhattan, either a balcony or an extra alcove. Our rooms had an alcove with a nice ottoman where you could lie down, throw open the curtains and enjoy the view! Serenity, just what we needed! It is so clean and neat, our housekeeping staff were starting to feel like family. The front desk folks were so nice and accommodating. One of them is named "Rambo", that still makes me smile. When you visit, you'll see why! There is a Brazilian eat-all-you-can restaurant in house. They also served decent breakfasts, buffet or a la carte. One of the best things about this hotel is it is just TWO STOPS away from Bloomingdale's in Manhattan. That is closer to the Upper East side, than Times Square is! And the other best thing: you are in Queens! Which means fabulous eating is just a few subway stops away: Astoria, Jackson Heights, Long Island City, Woodside, Flushing. We ended up staying two weeks. The kids did not want to leave anymore! This hotel is definitely #1 on my list to recommend to out of town guests from now on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York