This hotel was chosen because it was a Holiday Inn with great reviews, pricing and location to public transportation for week long business in midtown Manhattan. The large queen room (605) with mini-fridge overlooked 39th St and is high enough that some upper Manhattan views are visible and the street noise was low. It is also situated away from the elevator and did not face the construction on the building next door so the interior noise level was low. I felt very comfortable and safe walking daily the two blocks to the 39th St Metro station and grabbing the N or Q to midtown for business activities. The staff was always friendly and helpful, and quickly responded to an issue we had with our thermostat mid-week. My daughter, who shared the room, enjoyed the fitness center daily, and I used the "business center" (a computer/printer under the stairs) to print my boarding passes. We tried the restaurant twice, but found eating out more enjoyable. The selections were okay, but the food is so-so, and since the restaurant is on the basement level, it is very dark. Our room had a mini-fridge, so we took advantage of the Deli and grocer across the street, and the microwave on the lowest level. I paid for parking and had a spot each evening, but heads up, the spaces and navigation areas are tight, so smaller vehicles are better choices. That said, street parking would not be a problem in this neighborhood.
If I had to make a negative comment, it is that there is no ramp near the front entryway so it was a challenge to navigate the luggage trolley when arriving and leaving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York