This review is quite late as I stayed at this hotel back in May this year. First trip to New York.. Landing at JFK and getting to the hotel was a bit daunting as others have said the neighbourhood isn't amazing however it is not dangerous at all. We were two girls alone and felt safe walking back from the subway even at 3am. The subway is literally round the corner.. We bought a week card and used the subway to go everywhere instead of using taxis.. All part of the experience!! There is a convenience store opposite and a deli right near the subway too which is where we had breakfast most mornings. Hotel breakfast was also lovely. Comparing prices from this hotel to others in manhattan it is definitely worth getting this as it isn't far and leaves you more money for shopping! Reception staff were brilliant providing us with maps etc for New York as they knew it was our first time. Also have lockers available to store passports etc. Tea, Coffee, shampoo shower gel etc was restocked every day which was brilliant. Rooms cleaned, tidied and beds made everyday. Brilliant service and would definitely stay here again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, HotelPower, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York